Udita Goswami at the success bash of Aashiqui 2 at Escobar
9 February 1984 |
Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Spouse(s)||Mohit Suri (m. 2013)|
Udita was born in Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh (now Uttarakhand) to a father from Garhwal, Uttarakhand, Nepali origin mother from Shillong, Meghalaya and her grandmother is also Nepalese. She completed her education in Dehradun where she studied at the Maa Anandmayi Memorial and D.A.V. Public schools until class 8. She spent most of childhood in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Goswami began her career as a model working for brands such as Pepsi, Titan Watches and Nokia among others. She then made her jump into acting making her debut in the 2003 Bollywood film, Paap directed by Pooja Bhatt. Her next film Zeher, which also starred Emraan Hashmi and Shamita Shetty, was her breakthrough role and she became a well known face in the industry. Her role was that of a femme fatale. She also appeared in the movie Aksar opposite Dino Morea.
|2006||Aksar||Sheena Roy Singh|
|2006||Dil Diya Hai||pannu||Special appearance|
|2009||Kisse Pyaar Karoon||Sheetal|
|2012||Mere Dost Picture Abhi Baki Hai|
|2012||Diary Of A butterfly||Gul|
- "Birthday time for Udita Goswami", Mid Day, 7 February 2011
- "'Udita Grandmother is Nepalese' - Udita Goswami", aboututtarakhand.com, 7 March 2014
- "'Emraan is like my brother' - Udita Goswami", Bollywood Hungama, 18 September 2007
- "Udita and Upen team up", IndiaFM News Bureau, 19 July 2005
- "Mohit Suri, Udita Goswami marry in a private ceremony- Bollywood- Movies News-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2013-01-30. Retrieved 2013-02-12.