From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ueno (上野 upper-field) can refer to a number of places in Japan:
- Ueno, Mie: a former city in Mie Prefecture, now part of the city of Iga
- Ueno, Gunma: a village in Gunma Prefecture:
- Ueno, Okinawa: a village in Okinawa Prefecture:
- Ueno, Tokyo: a neighborhood in Taito, Tokyo, as well as a famous park therein
- Ueno station: the main northbound railway station in Tokyo.
Ueno is also a Japanese family name, as in:
- Ueno Hikoma, a 19th-century Japanese photographer
- Ueno Chizuko, a noted Japanese feminist sociologist, currently a sociology professor at the University of Tokyo
- Hidesamurō Ueno (1871-1925), Japanese agricultural scientist
- Juri Ueno (born 1986), Japanese actress
- Kenichiro Ueno (born 1965), Japanese politician
- Kōji Ueno (born 1960), Japanese composer and musician
- Rie Ueno (born 1976), Japanese long-distance runner
- Shingo Ueno (born 1973), Japanese ski jumper
- Yoichi Ueno (1883-1957), Japanese business theorist
- Yoko Ueno (born 1963), Japanese recording artist
- Yoshiharu Ueno (born 1973), Japanese footballer
- Yukiko Ueno, Japanese softball pitcher
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Ueno. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|