Ufa International Airport
|Ufa International Airport
Өфө халыҡ-ара аэропорты
Международный аэропорт Уфа
Ufa International Airport
|IATA: UFA – ICAO: UWUU|
|Operator||Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Ufa International Airport"|
|Serves||Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russia|
|Elevation AMSL||137 m / 449 ft|
Bashkortostan in Russia
In 2013, the airport handled 2,218,000 passengers, becoming the ninth largest airport in Russia and the largest airport in Russia's Volga Federal District. It is also the largest airport in the federal subject (republic) of the Republic of Bashkortostan.
On 11 May 1924 the building of the first aircraft hangar near Glumilino village has been completed and on 15 May is opened new club of the aviation within the Bashkirian branch of AFFVS. In 1933 the first ever route opens encompassing over 730 km via Ufa–Sterlitamak–Meleuz–Mrakovo–Baymak–Magnitogorsk–Beloretsk–Ufa. In 1956 Ufa Airport had begun performing technical maintenance of the Yakovlev Yak-12 airplanes and Mil Mi-1 helicopters, which were serving the Bashkirian air routes at that time. Between 1959 and 1962 the airport was under reconstruction and 3 hotel buildings, cargo and fuel storage facilities, a 100-seated dining hall and a garage were built. Also, a new runway was built, as well as radio approach equipment for landing under heavy weather conditions and new radar facilities. The new runway was then capable of receiving Tupolev Tu-124, Antonov An-10 and Ilyushin Il-18 aircraft. In 1964 a new terminal for 400 passengers per hour was built and put in operation. In 2007 the reconstructed terminal of the airport entered into operation. The area of the air terminal has increased more than twice. At the moment many departments are located there. The terminal is equipped with modern facilities and up-to-date outfit. There have been mounted 4 telescopic ramps, 4 elevators and 3 escalators. It is gives the opportunity to serve 600 passengers per hour.
Airlines and destinations
The city bus lines No. 101 and 110 connect the airport with the city of Ufa.
- List of the busiest airports in Russia
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
- Airport guide for the Ufa International Airport
- Airport information for UWUU at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for UWUU at Great Circle Mapper.
- Airport information for Ufa International Airport at Search (for) Travel website.
- Bashkirian Airlines v. Federal Republic of Germany (German). District Court of Kostanz. Retrieved on September 11, 2011. "BASHKIRIAN AIRLINES vertreten durch d. Generaldirektoren Flughafen d. Stadt UFA, Russische Föderation, 450056 Russland-UFA"
- "Аэропорт "Уфа" опубликовал проект расписания "Лето-2013"". Новости. Ufa International Airport. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "Авиарейсы из Иркутска в Красноярск и Мирный запустят с 5 января". IrkutskMedia.ru. PrimaMedia. 28 December 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Колоколова, Любовь (21 January 2013). "У аэропорта "Уфа" появятся три новых международных партнера". Bashinform. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- Павлова, Анна (29 March 2013). "Приволжские аэропорты анонсируют межрегиональные рейсы". ЗАО «Коммерсантъ. Издательский дом». Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- "Расписание регулярных рейсов". ЗАО «Ред Вингс». Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "City pairs Schedule". Information and Services. JSC "TRANSAERO" Airlines. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Ufa-Erevan: Ural Airlines’ New Direct Flight". uralairlines.ru/en. 16 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Авиакомпания "Уральские авиалинии" в весенне-летний период планирует запустить 8 новых рейсов из России за границу". Информационное агентство АПИ - Новости Екатеринбурга. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
Media related to Ufa International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- (English) Ufa International Airport
- (Russian) Ufa International Airport
- Accident history for UFA at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for UWUU at NOAA/NWS