|Founded||January 29, 2001|
|Founder||Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd|
13-B, F-7 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan
All National Highways
|Abdul Aziz, CEO|
|Products||Pre Pay, Post Pay, UPaisa|
|Revenue||Rs.25 billion PKR (2012).|
|Rs.25 billion PKR (2012)|
|Rs.2.5 billion PKR (2012)|
|Slogan||It's all about U!|
Pak Telecom Mobile Limited or Ufone (Urdu: یوفون) is a Pakistani GSM cellular service provider. It was the third mobile operator to enter Pakistani market. It started its operations, under the brand name of Ufone, in Islamabad on January 29, 2001.
Pak Telecom Mobile Limited was awarded a GSM license in 1999.
3G License Auction PTA was willing to auction 3G license as early as 2008, as it had completed the framework for 3G Mobile Phone Operations in Pakistan. Due to Government's negligence and lack of focus, the matter of the auction dragged on, being raised again in 2012 and 2013 and finally auctioned on 23 April 2014 and the 3G licenses were auctioned to Ufone (5Mhz).
On May 2, 2014, Ufone started its 3G services on trial bases in major cities of Pakistan and on May 23, 2014, it launched its services commercially and launched its 3G packages for both its Prepaid and Postpay customers.
Ufone has won Best Telecommunication Service Provider Award at 2012 PAS Awards by Pakistan Advertisers Society.
- Ufone revenues gain 6% in FY2012
- "3G, 4G network auctions in Pakistan". The News. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Hadi Aziz (28 April 2014). "Ufone reveals its first ever 3G package?". The News Tribe. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Ufone ‘eyeing’ 3G licence". Technology Times. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Official website
- Ufone on Facebook
- Pakistan Telecommunication Authority
- Ufone 3G Packages
- Ufone International Call Rates