Uganda at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Uganda at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London|
|Competitors||15 in 4 sports|
|Flag bearer||Ganzi Mugula|
|Olympic history (summary)|
Uganda competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, from July 27 to August 12, 2012. This was the nation's fourteenth appearance at the Olympics, except the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal, because of the African boycott.
The Ugandan Olympic Committee sent the nation's largest delegation to the Games, after the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul. A total of 15 athletes, 11 men and 4 women, competed in five different sports. Four Ugandan athletes had competed in Beijing, including steeplechase runner Benjamin Kiplagat and long-distance runner Moses Kipsiro, who nearly missed out of medal standings in the finals. Freestyle swimmer Ganzi Mugula, who served as Uganda's team captain, was also the nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony. For the first time since 1956, Uganda did not qualify athletes in boxing.
|Gold||Stephen Kiprotich||Athletics||Men's marathon||12 August|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Jacob Araptany||3000 m steeplechase||8:35.85||7||N/A||Did not advance|
|Thomas Ayeko||10000 m||N/A||27:58.96||16|
|Benjamin Kiplagat||3000 m steeplechase||8:18.44||6 q||N/A||DSQ|
|Abraham Kiplimo||5000 m||13:31.57||15||N/A||Did not advance|
|Moses Kipsiro||5000 m||13:17.68||7 q||N/A||13:52.25||15|
|Geoffrey Kusuro||5000 m||13:59.74||18||N/A||Did not advance|
|Julius Mutekanga||800 m||1:48.41||5||Did not advance|
|Janet Achola||1500 m||4:11.64||11||Did not advance|
|Dorcus Inzikuru||3000 m steeplechase||9:35.29||7||N/A||Did not advance|
Uganda has qualified one athlete in the following event
|Athlete||Event||Group Stage||Elimination||Quarterfinal||Semifinal||Final / BM|
|Edwin Ekiring||Men's singles|| Wong W K (HKG)
L 10–21, 8–21
| Leverdez (FRA)
L 12–21, 11–21
|3||Did not advance|
|Ganzi Mugula||50 m freestyle||27.58||53||Did not advance|
|Jamila Lunkuse||50 m freestyle||28.44||52||Did not advance|
Uganda has qualified 1 athlete.
|Athlete||Event||Snatch||Clean & Jerk||Total||Rank|
|Charles Ssekyaaya||Men's −62 kg||105||14||130||13||235||13|
- Staff (20 July 2012). "Museveni flags off Uganda Olympic team". New Vision Uganda. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS, IAAF, retrieved 4 June 2011
- "Olympics". Retrieved 8 April 2011.
- "FINA Universality Places". FINA. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uganda at the 2012 Summer Olympics.|