|Headquarters||Balingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
|Key people||Günter Daiss, Karsten Dormann, Peter Kuhl|
|Products||Team sports goods|
|Revenue||58,7 million euros (2012)|
The uhlsport GmbH is a German sports goods manufacturer for team sports. Originally established in 1948 as Haase & Uhl OHG and later renamed Karl Uhl GmbH, the company became uhlsport GmbH in 1994. It is an international company which has its permanent headquarters in Balingen in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
Company and Brands
The company was founded in 1948. Early production focussed on the manufacture of leather studs for football boots, and in 1953 uhlsport also began to produce football boot soles for sports shoe manufacturers. In the years which followed more products were added, including shinguards, sports bandages, footballs and goalkeeper gloves, until finally uhlsport GmbH had developed a full range of football equipment. Since 2002 the company has been operating a multi-brand strategy for football, handball and basketball.
The brand uhlsport specialises in football, especially goalkeeper equipment. Since 2002 handball equipment has been marketed through the company's own Kempa brand, and uhlsport GmbH also owns the European distribution rights to the American basketball brand Spalding, a division of Russell Brands, LLC.
The German company operates an indirect distribution strategy with subsidiaries in France, Spain and Sweden and with country managers in UK, BeNeLux and Switzerland. uhlsport has a further 80 distribution partners across the world. In 1998 the company was sold by the Uhl family to the Daiss family.
Sponsoring Uhlsport FUẞBALL
Uhlsport is the official equipment supplier to Iran national football team, 1. FC Union Berlin, TSV 1860 München, 1. FC Kaiserslautern, Valenciennes FC, SSV Reutlingen 05, 1. FC Magdeburg, Corona Braşov, FC Avanhard Kramatorsk, Chernomorets Odessa and the Women's Bundesliga team VfL Sindelfingen. As official ball sponsor uhlsport supports the French league cup Coupe de la Ligue and the French Ligue 2. The goalkeepers Hugo Lloris, Lukasz Fabianski, Michel Vorm, Ron-Robert Zieler and others play with uhlsport gloves.
- Ralf Schmeckenbecher: Die Fussballmarke Uhlsport: Markenpositionierung in Deutschland (The uhlsport football brand. Brand positioning in Germany). 1998
- Maarten Arts: The Soccer Goalkeeper Coach. Reedswain Inc., 2004, p. 213
- 1. FC Kaiserslautern: UHLSPORT ab Juli 2011 neuer FCK-Ausrüster. 2011
- uhlsport GmbH: Sponsoring Valenciennes FC. 2013
- uhlsport GmbH: Sponsoring SSV Reutlingen. 2013
- uhlsport GmbH: Sponsoring 1. FC Magdeburg. 2013
- "Offizieller Sportausstatter". Sponsoren (in German). VfL Sindelfingen 1862 e.V. Abteilung Frauenfußball. o.J. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Frederik Kahlbau: Analyse der Auslandsvermarktung in den fünf großen Fußballligen und Top-Vereinen in Europa: Verbesserungspotenziale für den deutschen Fußball. 2010
- uhlsport GmbH: Official Matchball Ligue 2. 2013
- uhlsport GmbH Sponsoring goalkeepers. 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uhlsport.|