June 11, 1978 |
|Spouse(s)||Craig Maxwell (2004 - 2009) divorced |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||49 kg (108 lb)|
Ujjwala Raut (born June 11, 1978) is an Indian model. Touted to be the first supermodel of India, She walked the runway for Yves Saint-Laurent, Roberto Cavalli, Hugo Boss, Cynthia Rowley, Diane von Furstenberg, Dolce & Gabbana, Betsey Johnson, Gucci, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, and Emilio Pucci, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. She has also posed for advertisements of Dolce & Gabbana, Gap, H&M, Pianegonda, Roberto Cavalli, and Yves Saint-Laurent. Raut has graced the covers of ELLE, Time, L'Officiel Magazine, Tank, and WWD.
Raut was a 17-year-old commerce student when she won "Femina Look of the Year" at the Femina Miss India 1996 contest. She was also among the top fifteen in the 1996 Elite Model Look contest in Nice.
- Buncombe, Andrew (August 23, 2009). "Ugly break-up for India's first supermodel". London: The Independent. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Open Chest with Raj Girn » OPEN CHEST Interview with supermodel Ujjwala Raut
- Profile of Ujjwala Raut
- Biography Of Ujjwala Raut India's First Super Model | Ujjwala Raut The Show Stopper
- Ujjwala Raut - Fashion Models - Bellazon
- Ujjwala Raut’s sister Sonali to debut as young Zeenat Aman? - The Times of India