Ulanga District (Mahenge District) is one of the six districts of the Morogoro Region of Tanzania. the administrative seat is in Mahenge. It covers 24,460 square kilometres (9,444 sq mi) of which 4,927 square kilometres (1,902 sq mi) is in forest reserves. Ulanga District is bordered to the north and west by the Kilombero District, to the east by the Lindi Region and to the south by the Ruvuma Region.
Roads are poor. There is one gravelled airstrip located in the Selous Game Reserve.
For parliamentary elections, Tanzania is divided into constituencies. As of the 2010 elections Ulanga District had two constituencies:
- Ulanga Magharibi Constituency (Ulanga West Constituency)
- Ulanga Mashariki Constituency (Ulanga East Constituency)
Ulanga District is administratively divided into five divisions.
- Ulanga District (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Mahenge District (Variant) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "Morogoro Region Socio-Economic Profile" (PDF). The Planning Commission, Dar es Salaam, and The Regional Commissioner's Office, Morogoro. 1997. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 May 2004.
- "2002 Population and Housing General Report: Morogoro: Ulanga". Archived from the original on 20 March 2004.
- "Organisations located in Ulanga District - Tanzania". African Development Information.
- "Postcodes Morogoro Region 67000" (PDF). 2012.