|Occupation||Group Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer UBS Group EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and member of the Group Executive Board of UBS|
Körner joined Credit Suisse as Chief Financial Officer for Switzerland in 1998. He became Head of Technology and Services in 2000 before assuming the role as Chief Financial Officer at Credit Suisse in 2002. In addition to his role as Chief Financial Officer, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer in 2004. In 2006 he became Chief Executive Officer of Credit Suisse Switzerland. Körner served as a member of the Executive Board at Credit Suisse until he left to UBS.
In April 2009, Körner joined UBS as Group Chief Operating Officer and member of the Executive Board at UBS. In his role as Group Chief Operating Officer he is responsible for the Corporate Centre at UBS which consists of 25,000 people and includes Group Strategy, Human Resources, Group Technology, Group Operations, Communications and Branding, Corporate Real Estate and Administrative Services and Supply and Demand Management.
Körner has been Chief Executive Officer of UBS Group Europe, Middle East and Africa, comprising 29 countries, since December 2011. Together with the divisional Chief Executive Officers, he is responsible for the implementation of the regional strategy and the collaboration of businesses across all divisions.
In December 2013, it was reported that Ulrich Körner will become the head of global asset management in 2014 as John Fraser retires.Chief Financial Officer Tom Naratil, 52, will take on Koerner’s responsibilities as chief operating officer on top of his current duties.
Ulrich Körner is Vice Chairman of the Committee of the Governing Board of the Swiss Bankers Association, Chairman of the Widder Hotel in Zurich, and is Vice President of the Board of Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz. He is Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of UBS Deutschland AG, Chairman of the Foundation Board of the UBS Pension Fund, a member of the Financial Service Chapter Board of the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Advisory Board of the Department of Banking and Finance at the University of Zurich  and a member of the business advisory council of the Laureus Foundation Switzerland. He formerly served on the Board of Winterthur Group, AXA Leben AG, and AXA Versicherungen AG and as a member of the Board of Clariden Leu AG, and Bank Leu AG. As UBS' representative in the Swiss Expert Commission he advised Swiss politicians on both the resolvability of the large banks and the future strategy of Switzerland's financial industry.
Körner was born in Germany in 1962 and has both German and Swiss citizenship.
- "UBS AG (UBS)". Reuters. Reuters.com. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Ubs Prprty Fd Leman Resd Fon (FONC:SIX Swiss Ex)". investing.businessweek.com. investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "UBS reorganisiert das Corporate Center". www.finews.ch. www.finews.ch. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Logutenkova, Elena. "UBS Names Lofts Chief Risk Officer, Replacing Miskovic After Trading Loss". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "The Board of Directors and the Committee of the Board of Directors". Swiss Bankers Association. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Institut für Banking und Finance". Universität Zürich. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Business Advisory Board of the Laureus Foundation Switzerland". Laureus Foundation Switzerland Business Advisory Board of the Laureus Foundation Switzerland. Laureus Foundation Switzerland. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Die Expertenkommission «Too big to fail» hat eine deutliche Anhebung der minimalen Eigenkapitalquote beschlossen. Sie geht über «Basel III» hinaus". www.nzz.ch. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Baches, Zoe. "Ein stiller und ab und zu schroffer Chrampfer". www.nzz.ch. www.nzz.ch. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Forbes profile