|Type||Société par actions simplifiée|
|Founder(s)||Gaël Duval, Thierry Koehrlen|
|Key people||Thierry Koehrlen (CEO)|
|Products||Application Delivery Industry, Virtualization software|
Ulteo is a software company which provides free and open source (FOSS) virtual desktop solutions. The company is based in Caen, Calvados département, France, and has a research and development center in Colombelles.
Ulteo Online Desktop, the company's first product, was an online service which provided access to OpenOffice.org in a web browser and offered synchronization of files with the client. A competitor to Google Docs, it was launched on December 11, 2007. The service was subsequently expanded to host full KDE desktops. Besides 'no-install' access to applications, it also provided collaboration features, as one session could be shared between users for training purposes or joint editing of documents.
Ulteo Documents Synchronizer was a client application which synchronized local files with those stored in Online Desktop.
Ulteo Application System, codenamed Sirius, was introduced the following year. It was a complete Linux distribution, an installable version of Ulteo Virtual Desktop. The package included a Linux version of Documents Synchronizer. Operating system, applications and user data were automatically updated in the background, with no user interaction.
Ulteo Virtual Desktop, also released in 2008, was a distribution of Linux applications and a coLinux kernel, which allows Linux applications to run on a Windows system. It thus provided the Ulteo Virtual Desktop experience without requiring an Internet connection. 
Ulteo Open Virtual Desktop (OVD) is an open source Application Delivery and Virtual Desktop infrastructure project that can deliver applications or a desktop hosted on a Linux or Windows server to end users. It comes as a set of software packages which can be installed on a standard Linux distribution (Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Redhat Enterprise Linux). Some modules can also be installed on Windows.
- LaMonica, Martin (11 December 2007). "Ulteo brings OpenOffice to Web browser". News. CNET. Retrieved 5 October 2008.
- Upfold, Peter (28 March 2008). "Ulteo Application System Beta 1 - the FOSSwire review". FOSSwire. Retrieved 5 October 2008.
- Ruecker, Scott (12 December 2007). "Ulteo and OpenOffice.org Announce Partnership". LXer. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Open World Forum Presents Open Innovation Awards to Five Groundbreaking Open Source Start-Ups". Open World Forum. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Linder, Brad (12 December 2007). "Run OpenOffice.org in a web browser, no installation necessary". Switched Downloadsquad. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Weiss, Todd R. (13 December 2007). "No download needed: OpenOffice beta as a Web app". Infoworld. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Sheinberg, Brian (27 May 2008). "Ulteo Virtual Desktop: Letting Linux Do Windows". CRN. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Shoemaker, Kristin (22 April 2008). "Ulteo releases Linux desktop; bent on world domination". Switched. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Norman, Mike (25 June 2012). "Ulteo OVD 3 – Open Source Remote Desktop". The Virtualization Practice. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Lai, Eric (3 February 2010). "Linux, Windows or both? Doesn't matter to virtual desktop vendor Ulteo". Computerworld. Retrieved 16 July 2013.