|Developer(s)||IDM Computer Solutions, Inc|
|Stable release||21.30.1016.0 (Windows),
126.96.36.199 (Mac OS X (Intel)) / October 30, 2014 ,
July 15, 2013 ,
July 15, 2013
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows,
Mac OS X
UltraEdit is a commercial text editor for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (Intel) created in 1994 by the founder of IDM Computer Solutions Inc., Ian D. Mead. The editor contains tools for programmers, including macros, configurable syntax highlighting, code folding, file type conversions, project management, regular expressions for search-and-replace, a column-edit mode, remote editing of files via FTP, interfaces for APIs or command lines of choice, and more. Files can be browsed and edited in tabs.
UltraEdit-32 was renamed to UltraEdit in version 14.00.
An installation of UltraEdit takes about 30 MB of disk space. It also supports Unicode and hex editing mode. It does not have complete support for Unicode. Also its HEX viewer does not show an exact image of UTF-8 files as stored on disk.
HTML editing features include:
- Integration with CSE HTML Validator for offline HTML, XHTML and CSS checking
- HTML toolbar preconfigured for popular functions and HTML tags
- Customize tags in HTML toolbar or create new tags and buttons
UltraEdit is Shareware: It can be evaluated during a 30-day or 45-day trial period, depending on previous usage. After expiration of this period, the application will work only with a regular license key.
UltraEdit also includes UltraCompare Lite.
It is a variant with additional support for IDE editing. It also enhances file handling, file editing, HTML editing over UltraEdit.
IDE features include: Workspace Manager, project builder (interactive and batch), resource editor, project converter, class viewer, native compiler support, debugger with integrated debugging (via WinDBG).
File handling features include: Project Manager, SVN/CVS version control.
File editing features include: Tabbed Output Window for script commands, intelligent auto complete tooltip.
HTML editing features include: Integrated PHP, Ruby support.
In a review published on June 4, 2004 PC Magazine, the author said that UltraEdit v10.0 is the editor's favourite text editor. In a review published on July 9th, 2006 Softpedia wrote UltraEdit contains plenty of features useful for all types of users and that it considered the program "excellent".
- Linux text editor | UltraEdit for Linux
- "UltraEdit-32 features". IDM Computer Solutions. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- UltraEdit Text Editor Features Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- UltraEdit vs. UEStudio
- Edward Mendelson. "UltraEdit-32 10.0 Review & Rating". PC Magazine. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- Ioana Butnariu. "UltraEdit-32 Review - UltraEdit-32 Download". Softpedia. Retrieved 2010-10-24.