||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2009)|
|• Type||PRI 2007-2010|
|• Municipal President||William Manuel Quintal López|
|• Total||234.30 km2 (90.46 sq mi)|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|Population (2005 )|
|• Density||220/km2 (580/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Central Standard Time (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)|
|Major Airport||Merida (Manuel Crescencio Rejón) International Airport|
|Municipalities of Yucatán|
Umán is located at Mérida, and is part of the Mérida metropolitan area. As of the census of 2005, the city of Umán had a population of 29,135 people, the seventh-largest community in the state in population. The municipality of which the city serves as municipal seat had a population of 53,268, living on an area of 234.3 km² (90.46 sq mi). Its largest other community outside of the part of the metropolitan area of Merida that lies in the municipality of Umán is the town of Itzincab., just southwest of the state capital in
Cities nearby the municipal seat of Umán:
- Merida, Yucatan · 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) northeast · 717,175 people
- Kanasin, Yucatan · 18 kilometres (11 mi) east-northeast · 40,027 people
- Progreso, Yucatan · 44 kilometres (27 mi) north · 47,124 people
The municipality is made up of 87 communities, the largest are listed below:
- "Nuestros municipios - Umán". Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- "Encyclopedia of the Municipalities of Mexico: Yucatan". Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- Census Results by Locality, 2005 INEGI.