|Alma mater||McGill University
London Business School
|Harvard Business Review blog; Bubblegeneration; Havas Media Lab|
Haque is a graduate of McGill University where he studied psychology. He then earned an MBA at London Business School in 2003, where he conducted research with Gary Hamel, before beginning work on a PhD at University of Oxford in 2004.
Haque is Director of Havas Media Lab, "which has a charter to develop experiments with venture capitalists, start-ups, and clients to find new ways of reaching consumers in digital channels". In 2006 Haque founded Bubblegeneration, a business consulting firm advising across media and consumer industries.
Haque is the author of the following book(s):
- The New Capitalist Manifesto: Building a Disruptively Better Business (2011). With a foreword written by Gary Hamel, Haque's book lays out new cornerstones for establishing a successful company in the 21st century. The book goes on to provide examples of companies that are already making the shift. A reviewer in The Irish Times noted the book's central thesis as offering "a blueprint for a better form of capitalism". In March 2011, New Zealand based Business Editor for Radio Live, Andrew Patterson, interviewed Umair Haque about his book "The New Capitalist Manifesto" and his opinion on how business success in the 21st century is very different from what it was 100 years ago.
- Betterness: Economics for Humans (2011).
He has also publishes online:
- "Umair Haque on the Tech Industry’s 'Thin Value Problem'". Venture Beat. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- "Umair Haque - Harvard Business Review". Harvard Business Review. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "Wanted: 5 Startups To Change the World". Read Write Web. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "Havas Plans Digital R&D Arm". Adweek. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- "Umair Haque, Havas Media Lab - next09". NEXT conference. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- Haque, Umair (2011). The New Capitalist Manifesto: Building a Disruptively Better Business. Harvard Business Press. ISBN 978-1-4221-5858-6.
- "Companies find value in pursuing a more enlightened form of capitalism". The Irish Times. 2011-01-17. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Umair Haque Discusses His New Book The New Capitalist Manifesto". Auckland: RadioLIVE. 13 March 2011. Retrieved 23 March 2011.
- Haque, Umair (2011). Betterness: Economics for Humans. Harvard Business Press.
- "Umaior Haque ? Bubblegeneration".
- "Umair Haque - Harvard Business Review".