Umbra Concept Store
The building was constructed for the Umbra design company in 2007 to a design by Kohn Shnier Architects. The building has translucent bright pink vertical bands that wrap a glass structure positioned on the corner of a side street, surrounded by monotone brick construction. In comparison to the surrounding architecture the building is considerably smaller. The building is three stories tall. The overall axis of the structure is predominantly vertical with a centralized plan. The building in plan is a rectangle with a smaller rectangle offset to the middle that is positioned off center towards the main elevation.
- Stanwick, Sean; Flores, Jennifer (2007), Design city Toronto, Interior angles, Chichester, pp. 211 – 219, ISBN 0-470-03316-9
- Goodfellow, Margaret; Goodfellow, Phil (2010), A guidebook to contemporary architecture in Toronto, Vancouver, pp. 45–48, 103–104, ISBN 1-55365-444-7
- Umbra Inc. U + Studio Collection 2001. vo. 1. Toronto, On: Umbra, 2001. 83 – 96.
- Davidson, Hilary (2009), Frommer's Toronto 2010, Frommer's, p. 187, ISBN 978-0-470-54126-5
- "UMBRA Retail and Concept Store, Editorial, world architecture news, architecture jobs". Worldarchitecturenews.com. 2008-01-03. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- "kohn shnier architects". kohn shnier architects. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- "Umbra proves flagship stores still have their place". The Vancouver Sun. 2008-07-19. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
Media related to Umbra Concept Store at Wikimedia Commons