From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|IATA: UME – ICAO: ESNU|
|Elevation AMSL||24 ft / 7 m|
The airport had 955,132 passengers in 2011. By road, the airport is located about 5.4 kilometres (3.4 mi) from Umeå city centre.
The airport was inaugurated in May 1962, but had its first flight in 1961.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal charter: Chania|
|Malmö Aviation||Amsterdam (begins 2 April 2015), Gothenburg-Landvetter, Prague, Stockholm-Bromma
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||Stockholm-Arlanda
Seasonal: Alicante, Gran Canaria
Seasonal: Gothenburg-Landvetter (begins 7 December 2014)
Accidents and incidents
- On 21 September 1992, an Air Sweden IAI-1124 Westwind registered as SE-DLK was destroyed by a fire. The plane was departing to Arvidsjaur when takeoff was aborted due to an engine failure. None of the seven occupants were killed or injured, but the aircraft was written off.
- "Statistics". Swedavia. Archived from the original on 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Pressinformation" (in Swedish). Swedavia. Archived from the original on 14 May 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Om flygplatsen" (in Swedish). Swedavia. Archived from the original on 14 May 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "JetPhotos.Net Photo » SE-DLK (CN: 197) Time Air Sweden IAI 1124 Westwind by Ola Carlsson". JetPhotos.net. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "ASN Aircraft accident IAI 1124 Westwind SE-DLK Umeå Airport (UME)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "SE-DLK, IAI 1124 Westwind" (in Swedish). Svenskt Flyghistoriskt Forum. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Umeå Airport.|