Umm Kulthum bint Ali
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2015)|
Umm Kulthum bint Ali (Arabic: أم كلثوم بنت علي) (birth : Wednesday, 18 Rabi' ul-Awwal, 9 A.H/ July 6, 630 A.D (Gregory Calendar) was the fourth child of Ali ibn Abu Talib (the fourth Caliph and first Shi’a Imam) and Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad and the wife of Umar (the second Caliph). She was also known as “Zainab the Junior".
|Part of a series on|
|This section requires expansion. (January 2015)|
Umm Kulthūm bint Ali was the fourth child and second daughter of ‘Ali and Fatima. She was the granddaughter of Muhammad and sister of Hasan and Husayn. Umm Kulthum was also the wife of Umar who was the second Caliph. She also survived during the battle of Kerbala.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
It was not possible to ascertain who had died first. They did not inherit from one another and their funeral prayers were read at the same time.
Umm Kulthum is buried in Baab Sagheer cemetery in Damascus, Syria.
Umm Kulthum Mausoleum
The Mausoleum of Umm-Kulthum is located in Arrawiya village in Damascus.
- Al-Maarif, by Ibn Qutaybah, page 77, Chapter "Dhikr Umar" 
- Al-Istiab, Volume 4, page 492
- Asad al-Ghaybah fi Marifathul Sahaba, Volume 5, page 367
- Tareekh Baghdad, Volume 6, page 182
- Tareekh Khamees, Volume 2, page 384, Dhikr Umm Kalthum
- Tabaqat ibn Sa'd, Volume 8, page 463, Dhikr Umm Kalthum
- Sawaiqh al-Muhriqa, page 94
- Zakhair al-Akba, pages 168 and 169
- Asaaf al-Ghaneen, page 162
- Al-Isaba, Volume 4, page 321
- Furu' al-Kafi, vol. 6, p. 117, Dar al-Adwa, Beirut 1992
- Shustari, Qazi Nurullah. Majalis ul-Mo’mineen. pp. 85–89.
- al-Murtaza, Sharif. Al-Shaafi. p. 116.
- Al-Hadid, Hibatullah. Sharh Nahj ul-Balagha 3. p. 124.
- Majlisi, Muhammad Baqir. Bihar al-Anwar. p. 621.
- Ardabili, Muqaddas. Hadiqat al-Shi’a. p. 277.
- Shustari, Qazi Nurullah. Masa'ib un-Nawasib. p. 170.
- Al-Amili, Zayn al-Din al-Juna'i. "Lawahiq-al-‘Aqd". Masalik al-Ifham fi Sharh Shara-il-Islam 1.
- Qumi, Abbas. Muntahi al-Aamal 1. p. 186.
- Shahidi, Sayyed Ja'far. Life of Fatemeh Zahra(SA). pp. 263–265.
- Baqir, Muhammad. Mir'at ul-Uqool 21. p. 199.
- Al-Tusi, Nasir Al-Din. Al-Mabsoot 4. p. 272.
- Al-Tusi, Nasir Al-Din. Al-Mabsoot. pp. Volume 4, pg 272.
- Baqir, Muhammad. Mir'at ul-Uqool. pp. Volume 21, pg 199.
- 'Tahdeeb al-Ahkam Vol.2, p.380 in Chapter “Meeras (inheritance)”'