Un Chau Estate
Un Chau Estate (Chinese: 元州邨), or Un Chau Street Estate (Chinese: 元州街邨) before redevelopment, is a public housing estate on the reclaimed land of Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong, located between Un Chau Street and Cheung Sha Wan Road, next to MTR Cheung Sha Wan Station. It consists of 10 residential buildings completed in 1998, 1999 and 2008, which were developed into 4 phases. Phase 5 is under development on the site of former Cheung Sha Wan Factory Estate.
Un Chau Street Estate had 8 residential blocks completed in 1969, but all the blocks were demolished in 1990s and 2000s, and replaced by new-typed buildings. The redeveloped estate was renamed as "Un Chau Estate". Phase 1 and 3 consists of 6 residential buildings (a building for senior citizens included) and a shopping centre, which were completed between 1998 and 1999. Phase 2 and 4 consists of 5 residential buildings completed in 2008.
Phase 5 is the old site of former Cheung Sha Wan Factory Estate and is under development. It comprises three site-oriented domestic blocks and an ancillary facilities block providing car parks, amenity facilities, elderly centre and the integrated family services centre. Foundation works will commence in 2007 and the buildings will be completed in 2011.
|Un Hong House||Senior Citizens||1998|
|Un Wo House||1999|
|Un Fung House||Harmony 1|
|Un Shing House|
|Un Tai House|
|Un Lok House||New Harmony 1||2008|
|Un Nga House|
|Un Chi House|
|Un Hei House|
|Un Kin House||Small Household Block|
|Un Mun House (元滿樓)||Non-Standard Domestic Block||2012|
|Un Wai House (元慧樓)|
|Un Yat House (元逸樓)|
|Un Him House (元謙樓)||Auxiliary facilities building|
Phase 2, 4 and 5 have been offered as alternate public housing for people displaced by the demolition of buildings in nearby So Uk Estate.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Un Chau Estate.|
- Cheung Sha Wan Station
- Memorandum for the Housing Authority Members’ Meeting with Concern Group
- Official Record of Proceedings, Wednesday, 20 November 1996
- Index of Project Arranged by Year of commencement
- Proposed Master Layout Plan, Scheme Design and Project Development Budget for the Redevelopment of Un Chau Street Estate Phases 2 and 4
- Un Chau Street Estate Phase 3
- Un Chau Shopping Centre
- Redevelopment of Un Chau Street Estate Phase 2 and 4 and Minor Works
- Redevelopment of Un Chau Street Estate Phase 2 & 4 and Minor Works
- Redevelopment of Un Chau Estate Phase 5
- Un Chau Estate