||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2011)|
|— city —|
|Elevation||14 m (46 ft)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The Union Territory of Diu is on the south side of the city.
Una has highest number of villages compare to other talukas in Gujarat.
As per 2011 India census, Una had a population of 130000. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. In Una, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Una has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 59%.
Una is the biggest taluka in Junagadh district in number of villages.
Some villages are:
Sultanpur,Sanvav, Garal, Motha, Sankhada, Kajardi,Delwada, Simar, Navabandar, Vadaviyala, Girgadhada, Dron, Dhokadava,bediya. Sanakhda, Samter, Bhacha, Umej, Khilwad, Gundala, Motha, Keshariya, Kob, Tad, Paldi, Olwan, Vansoj, Fulka, Intvaya, Fatsar, Zudvadli, Untwada, Jaragli, Jamwala, Jasadhar, Naliyery moli, Umedpura, Varsingpur, Simasi,Kansari,Kalapan etc.
Una is a perfect blend of people such as Patels, Kolis and businessmen such as baniya, lohana, sindhi etc.. Since the town is a purchase hub of so many surrounding villages, it has variety of things available which other towns may not.
Una is situated on the national highway No. 8 E. This highway connects Bhavnagar with Somnath.
The city is well connected to other major cities of Gujarat such as Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Porbandar, Bhavnagar and Amreli etc. & Mumbai by Bus services operated by state-owned transport corporations and private services. Daily bus services available for Mumbai by state-owned transport corporations and private bus operators. Road is very very bad from Una to Rajula. Good transportation service is available for Diu, as it is one of the famous & popular tourist place.
Una is also connected with Veraval & Junagadh by train service. Una is also known for its Kesar Mango Farms.
Famous places 
- Shivaji park public garden & Hira lake public garden.
- Ahmedpur mandavi beach is also a beautiful place.
- Jamjir waterfall at Jamwala (Gir) is very nice & wonderful place.
- Similarly Machchhundri dam is also place to visit in rainy season.
- A temple at Tapovan near to Una
- Gupt prayag near Delwada
- Sai Baba temple near Delwada
- Haveli temple
- Gayatri temple
- Swaminarayan temple
- Jain derasar
- Droneshwar mahadev temple located in Dron village near Gir Gadhda is very well known and quite old temple.
- Tulsishyam famous for temple of Krishna, situated in middle of Gir forest.
- Khodiyar temple near Chikhala nes
- Hanuman temple at Vajdi
- Jagjivandas bapu aashram at Simar
- Mahakaleshvar Mahadev
- Shah Shamshuddin Hazratshah baba (rahmatullahaly) dargah is also a religious place in Una which is famous among Muslims & others.
- Sayyedshah baba Qadri(rahmatullahaly) (Bade peer) dargah & Chopan peer dargah are also famous.
- There are 3 other dargahs in Jame masjid – Vali peer, Miyan Abdullah shah & Miyan Rajwali Naqshbandi.
- Dargah of Abdul Hameed baba & Badshah miya baba naqshbandi
- Karbala on Amodra road is a famous place where Tajiyas are drowned in water in reservoir in Muharram festival.
- Jama Masjid - Jhulta Minar on Diu road, Delwada.
- In Delwada a village near Una, there are Minarets & Dargah of Sulaiman shah baba in Jame masjid, delwada which are also famous.
Brhmakumaris Ishwariya Vishv VIdhyalaya Situated at Tulsidham Society, Girgadhada Road,
Public Life 
People of different religions live in Una. People speak Gujarati [Kathiawari] language. Some people also speak other languages like Hindi, Sindhi, Kutchi.
Una is a main municipal center in the entire taluka and main educational center in the area.
The main educational institutes in Una are :
- H.M.V. College of Arts and Commerce
- Mahila Arts College
- Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul
- Gayatri Vidyalaya
- Shah H.D. High School
- ShishuBharti School
- Kanya Vidyalaya
- Adarash School
- St. Joseph's English Medium School
- Swami Vivekanand sankul
- shree shaheri vistar primary school
Medical Institutes 
There are many hospitals & clinics in una.
- Community Health Center
- Mehta hospital
- Una is very good economical center due to large village line having very good agriculture conditions, costal bandars like navabandar, saiyaad rajpara, vanakbara and dhara bandar.
- Una is also "the biggest lime stone supplier" in Gujarat state, the lime stone business grabs revenue of nearly 80-90crores per month
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Una
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.