|Studio album by Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore|
|Genre||R&B, soul, jazz, gospel|
|Producer||Bryan-Michael Cox, Fred Hammond, Barry Eastmond, Carvin Haggins, Ivan Barias, Larry Campbell, Jamal McCoy, Eddie Cole, Kenny Lattimore, Eric Roberson, Kip Collins, Lamont Fleming, Mark Hamilton, Nicole Hamilton, Donell Hagan|
|Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore chronology|
|Kenny Lattimore chronology|
|Chante Moore chronology|
|Singles from Uncovered/Covered|
Uncovered/Covered is a double album by husband-and-wife R&B singers Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore released October 2006. The two-disc set consists of Uncovered, a disc of R&B songs and Covered a disc of gospel songs. This is the fifth album overall for Lattimore, sixth for Moore, and the last for Zomba-affiliated labels LaFace Records and Verity Records.
Originally the album was recorded as a single disc titled Uncovered and scheduled for release in November 2005. The title was chosen as a double entendre representing the uncovered truth behind the ups and downs in a marriage, as well as denoting a departure from their previous release which was a cover album. Nonetheless, the disc does contain two obligatory covers; L.T.D.'s "Love Ballad" and Sade's "No Ordinary Love."
|“||The first disc of Uncovered/Covered is more like an enjoyable married couples' seminar set to the kind of lush and occasionally slightly toughened productions they've fronted since the '90s. They sing about the downs as well as the ups, but they keep it elegant and romantic the whole time.||”|
—Andy Kellman, Allmusic
The first original song released to the public was the uptempo single "Tonight (2-Step)" which playfully incorporates into the chorus a bit of the 1965 Bacharach/David anthem "What the World Needs Now Is Love."
In keeping with the album theme of love established on Things That Lovers Do, the bulk of Uncovered/Covered addresses the subject from to aspects. The first disc examines the romantic aspect of love, the second disc addresses its spiritual aspect. Though both singers are known for their contributions to R&B music, they are "no strangers to the gospel genre." Prior to releasing his debut album, Lattimore was a featured vocalist on gospel artist William Becton's album Broken. As for Moore, she enlisted BeBe Winans to produce the gospel song "Because You're Mine" on her 1992 debut Precious.
At the time of the release of "Tonight," Lattimore & Moore's followup was planned to be a single disc follow-up simply titled Uncovered. Verity Records president Max Siegel requested that they record a gospel component to the disc after a standout performance at the Stellar Awards in 2006. Save for a single track, the second disc, which would be titled Covered, was produced by gospel hitmaker Fred Hammond.
Closer to the release of the double album, the song "Figure It Out" was written and recorded with producer Bryan-Michael Cox, added to the album and released as a single. "Figure It Out" reached #24 on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart and #37 on the Hot Adult R&B Airplay charts. 
Despite the mainstream success of gospel artists such as Kirk Franklin and Yolanda Adams, there is still some resistance to R&B artists such as Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore moving from their mainstream success into a gospel foray. Nonetheless, the Uncovered/Covered received a Stellar Award nomination for Best Contemporary Group/Duo of the Year. The Stellar Award is the most prestigious award within the realm of gospel music.
- Uncovered (Intro) (0:54)
- Love Ballad (5:14)
- The Good Life (3:13)
- I Got You Babe (3:24)
- No Ordinary Love (5:30)
- Figure It Out (3:03)
- Live With You (5:16)
- Here On Earth (5:06) - solo performance by Kenny Lattimore
- Just A Dream (4:01) - solo performance by Chante Moore
- Tonight (2-Step) (4:21)
- Every Time You Go (4:26)
- Beautiful Distraction (3:32)
- Vocal Booth (3:01)
- To Me, You're Everything (3:49)
- Rejoice (Clap Your Hands) (4:33)
- Make Me Like The Moon (4:59)
- Your Name (4:44)
- I Give You My Praise (4:47)
- I Do Love You (5:09) - solo performance by Kenny Lattimore
- Mine All Mine (3:38) - duet performance by Chante Moore featuring Joann Rosario
- No Limit (5:06)
- Never Alone (3:19) - solo performance by Chante Moore
- I Just Love To Praise You (4:01) - solo performance by Kenny Lattimore
- No Limit (Remix) (5:58)
NOTE: In most published discographies and music outlets, albums by Lattimore & Moore are listed among Lattimore's releases and excluded from Moore's.
- Allmusic review
- "Also Noted (Releases)". Ebony. November 2005.
- Kellman, Andy. "Uncovered/Covered Review". Allmusic.
- Bonner, Gerald. "Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore: Uncovered/Covered". GospelFlava.com.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore Speaks on Christianity, Relationship and their New CD, Uncovered/Uncovered (Interview)". En Sound Entertainment.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore (Interview)". Gospel City.
- ""Figure It Out" - Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles". Billboard.com.
- ""Figure It Out" - Hot R&B Airplay Charts". Billboard.com.
- "23rd Annual Stellar Award Winners (2008)". GospelFlava.com.