Undead Labs is a Seattle, Washington based game development studio, which was founded in 2009 by Jeff Strain a former Blizzard employee and one of the co-founders of ArenaNet.
Undead Labs was founded in 2009 by Jeff Strain, with the sole focus on zombie based games. On February 3, 2011 Undead Labs announced that they were partnering with Microsoft Game Studios to publish their games on the Xbox 360. This decision was made after most of the other publishers who showed interest in the games was requesting what they described as "World of Warcraft clones". The first game codenamed Class3 will be a third person shooter arcade game in which the player is set to survive in an open-world sandbox, the game is set to be released on the Xbox 360 via Xbox Live Arcade and Microsoft Windows in early 2013. The real name for Class3 has since then been announced as State of Decay. The game will act as a way to publicize their title more and also allow gamers to submit feedback to help tweak and refine the gameplay for the MMO, that is codenamed Class4. Undead Labs has announced that State of Decay will be released on PC as well although system requirements have not been revealed.
State of Decay (formerly Class3) is an upcoming open world zombie survival horror game, but unlike games as Left 4 Dead and Dead Island, State of Decay will focus more on survival, stealth, evasion, distraction's, securing the players resources, and moving through the world than actual zombie combat. On April 12, 2013 the game was officially announced to release in June 2013 on Xbox Live Arcade and Microsoft Windows at a future date. Class4 is the codename for the followup to State of Decay. Little is known about the game other than it is planned to be one of the first massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) to come to the Xbox 360.
- ^ "Studio announcement". Undead Labs. November 23, 2009. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- ^ "Undead Labs and Microsoft game studios to create zombie...". Undead Labs. February 3, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- ^ "Rude QA 2". Undead Labs. February 3, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- ^ Rosenburg, Adam (February 2, 2011). "'Class3' Coming To Xbox Live Arcade". MTV Multiplayer. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- ^ McElroy, Griffon (February 3, 2011). "Jeff Strain Shares His Vision for Class3, a Different Kind of Zombie Game". Joystiq. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- ^ Weathers, Sanya (August 31, 2012). "Faq". Undead Labs. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- ^ SOD release announced to be June 2013
External links