DHS Management Directorate
|Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Management|
|Agency executive||Rafael Borras,
Under Secretary for Management
|Parent Agency||Department of Homeland Security|
|DHS Official site|
The Under Secretary for Management is a position within the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for all the department's budget, appropriations, expenditure of funds, accounting and finance; procurement; human resources and personnel; information technology systems; facilities, property, equipment, and other material resources. The Under Secretary is also responsible for the identification and tracking of performance measurements.
The Under Secretary is appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Under Secretary is third in the order of succession for the office of Secretary of Homeland Security. The Under Secretary is paid at level III of the Executive Schedule, meaning he or she receives a basic annual salary of $152,000 as of 2006. The Under Secretary for Management is assisted by the Chief Administrative Services Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Human Capital Officer, the Chief Information Officer, the Chief Procurement Officer, and the Chief Security Officer.
- "US CODE: Title 6,113. Other officers". Retrieved September 25, 2007.
- "Executive Order: Amending the Order of Succession in the Department of Homeland Security". Retrieved September 25, 2007.
- "US CODE: Title 5,5314. Positions at level III". Retrieved September 25, 2007.
- "Salary Table 2006-EX". Retrieved September 25, 2007.
- "DHS - Leadership". Retrieved September 25, 2007.