Underclass All-American is an honorific for high school and college athletes for excellence in competition. The athletes recognized with this title are considered the best players of a specific season in their sport that are members of a given class other than the senior class. These athletes are considered All-Americans for their class and are termed Junior All-Americans, Sophomore All-Americans and Freshman All-Americans or All-Freshman, All-Sophomore and All-Junior honorees.
High School basketball
Annually, ESPN HS (formerly ESPN RISE) selects 30 juniors, 20 sophomores, and 10 freshmen as boys' high school basketball Underclass All-Americans. MaxPreps.com also chooses annual underclass All-American teams. These teams are called the Junior All-American Team, the Sophomore All-American Team and the Freshman All-American Team.
High school football
ESPN HS chooses 25 non-senior high school football players as its Underclass All-Americans. MaxPreps selects an Underclass All-American team for juniors, sophomores, and freshmen, naming a national player of the year for each grade. 
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I men's college basketball Freshman All-American teams are chosen annually by rotating selectors. For the 2011–12 NCAA Division I season, Sporting News chose a Freshman All-American team. For the 2010–11 season, Collegeinsider.com chose a Freshman All-American team.
College Football News (CFN) chooses annual NCAA Division I men's college football Freshman All-American teams that it calls All-Freshman teams. In some years, CFN has chosen NCAA Division I men's college football Sophomore All-American teams.
- Pierre, Guerda (2010-06-17). "2009-10 ESPN RISE Underclass All-Americans". AAU News. Archived from the original on 2011-03-22. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- Hickman, Jason (2012-04-16). "Boys Basketball Junior All-American Team: Honors continue to roll in for National Junior of the Year Jabari Parker.". MaxPreps.com. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- Hickman, Jason (2011-04-21). "Boys Basketball Sophomore All-American Team: Baltimore sensation repeats as 2013 POY.". MaxPreps.com. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "ESPNHS Underclass All-Americans". ESPN HS. 2012-02-03. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- "MaxPreps All-American Teams". MaxPreps. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Sporting News 2012 All-American college basketball teams". Sporting News. 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- "The 2011 Freshmen All-America team". Collegeinsider.com. 2011-03-25. Retrieved 2011-04-06.
- "Taylor Lewan Bio". University of Michigan. Retrieved October 17, 2011.
- Cirminiello, Richard (2011-12-09). "2011 CFN All-Freshman Defensive Team". College Football News. Scout.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Cirminiello, Richard (2010-12-15). "2010 All-Sophomore Team". College Football News. Scout.com. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "2009 CFN All-Sophomore Team". College Football News. Scout.com. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "All Americans: Collegiate Baseball Newspaper". Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Inc. Retrieved May 20, 2010.