Underwater Love (film)
|Directed by||Shinji Imaoka|
|Produced by||Stephan Holl
|Written by||Shinji Imaoka
|Music by||Stereo Total|
|Distributed by||Films Boutique|
Underwater Love (UNDERWATER LOVE-おんなの河童- UNDERWATER LOVE Onna no kappa?) is a 2011 Japanese-German co-production. Germany’s Rapid Eye Movies and Japan’s Kokuei Company have created a whimsical pink film musical about a woman and a sea creature. It was directed by pink-film veteran Shinji Imaoka (Lunch Box, Frog Song), shot by famed cinematographer Christopher Doyle (Hero and countless films by Wong Kar Wai) and offers music by Germany’s Stereo Total. Underwater Love was shot in 5 ½ days, one take only.
Asuka, a woman in her thirties, works in a lakeside fish factory. She’s about to be married to her boss, Taki. But one day, she encounters a kappa – a water sprite found in Japanese folklore – and learns that the creature is in fact the reborn form of Aoki, an old crush who’d drowned to death when they were 17.
- Sawa Masaki (正木佐和) as Asuka Kawaguchi
- Yoshiro Umezawa (梅澤嘉朗) as Tetsuya Aoki
- Ai Narita (成田愛) as Reiko Shima
- Mutsuo Yoshioka (吉岡睦雄) as Hajime Taki
- Fumio Moriya (守屋文雄)
- Hiroshi Satō (佐藤宏)
- Underwater Love at the Internet Movie Database
- "Underwater Love at AllCinema" (in Japanese).
- (fr) Review at Cinemafantastique
- Review at BeyondHollywood.com
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This pornographic film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|