Unev pipeline

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Unev Pipeline
Location
Country United States
From Woods Cross, Utah
To Las Vegas Valley
General information
Type Oil products
Partners Holly Corporation
Sinclair Oil
Operator UNEV Pipeline, LLC
Commissioned 2011 (operational in 2012)
Technical information
Length 425 mi (684 km)
Maximum discharge 60,000 Mbbl/d (~3.0×10^12 t/a)
Diameter 12 in (305 mm)

The UNEV pipeline is an 399-mile (642 km) long[1] pipeline from Woods Cross, Utah to the Las Vegas Valley at the Apex Industrial Park. This 53-acre (21 ha) facility has the capacity to store 330,000 barrels (52,000 m3) of product. Expansion of the North Las Vegas Terminal will be completed in 2014. An additional terminal facility, the 30-acre (12 ha) Cedar City Terminal, is located in Cedar City, Utah, with the capacity to store 200,000 barrels (32,000 m3) of product.

This line is the second oil pipeline for Las Vegas, adding capacity and a second source to the Calnev Pipeline. Completion was planned for operation in the spring of 2011. Commencement of operations was delayed to 2012 and is now operational.[2][3]

History[edit]

The $300,000,000 pipeline has an initial capacity of 62,000 barrels per day (9,900 m3/d) with a maximum capacity of 118,000 barrels per day (18,800 m3/d).[4]

By May 2011, construction of the southern end of the pipeline was progressing in Moapa, Nevada.[5]

UNEV Pipeline, LLC.[edit]

The pipe is owned and operated by UNEV Pipeline, LLC. which is a partnership between Holly Corporation and Sinclair Oil. Holly has a 75% interest with Sinclair having the remaining 25%.[6]

Notes[edit]

  1. ^ "Final EIS Released". BLM. 2010-04-16. Retrieved 2010-05-24. 
  2. ^ "New UNEV Pipeline Startup". November 21, 2011. Retrieved February 19, 2012. 
  3. ^ Steven Oberbeck (January 20, 2012). "New pipeline to Vegas may impact Utah gas prices". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved February 19, 2012. 
  4. ^ "Holly Corporation 8K". Retrieved 2010-05-24. 
  5. ^ Vernon Robison (May 11, 2011). "Pipeline Construction Project In Moapa". Moapa Valley Progress. Retrieved May 22, 2011. 
  6. ^ http://investor.hollyfrontier.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=691283

External links[edit]