Unforgettable (season 2)
|Unforgettable season 2|
Region 1 DVD cover
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original run||July 28, 2013– May 9, 2014|
|Home video release|
|Region 1||June 24, 2014|
|List of Unforgettable episodes|
The second season of CBS American television drama series Unforgettable premiered on July 28, 2013, and has 13 episodes. The first seven episodes of the season were aired between this date and September 8, 2013.
- Poppy Montgomery as Det. Carrie Wells (13 episodes)
- Dylan Walsh as Lt. Al Burns (13 episodes)
- Jane Curtin as Dr. Joanne Webster (13 episodes)
- Dallas Roberts as Eliot Delson (13 episodes)
- Tawny Cypress as Cherie Rollins-Murray (13 episodes)
- James Hiroyuki Liao as Jay Lee (13 episodes)
- Stephen Kunken as Dale Parsons (2 episodes)
- Britt Lower as Tanya Sitkowsky (2 episodes)
- Adam Trese as Jay Krause (2 episodes)
- Sean Cullen as Gordon Frost (2 episodes)
- Makenzie Leigh as Celine Emminger (2 episodes)
- Emily Shaffer as Andrea Weston (2 episodes)
On May 13, 2012, CBS confirmed the cancellation of the series. A group of fans organized to try to save the series from cancellation. Their efforts included teaming up to create a campaign entitled "Save Unforgettable" and persuade other networks to pick up the series. TNT and Lifetime soon expressed interest in picking up the show before ultimately passing on the series. However, on June 29, 2012, CBS confirmed that Unforgettable would return for a second season in the summer of 2013 with an order for 13 episodes. The September 8 episode served as the summer finale, with the remainder of the season returning in January in Europe and on April 4, 2014 in the United States.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original U.S. air date[note 1]||U.S. viewers
|23||1||"Bigtime"||Jean de Segonzac||Ed Redlich & John Bellucci||July 28, 2013||7.15|
|Carrie and Al's high conviction rate brings them to the attention of NYPD's Major Crime Division (MCD). They are requested by the MCD to investigate a high-profile kidnapping case in Manhattan. An 11 year old girl, Lara, was kidnapped on her way to a soccer game. They think that it has been orchestrated by a group suspected in two previous high profile kidnappings. The kidnapping of Lara also brings back memories of her murdered young sister to Carrie. Carrie and Al must race against time and save Lara as the group always stays one step ahead of them.|
|24||2||"Incognito"||Seith Mann||Spencer Hudnut||August 4, 2013||7.10|
|A team of robbers have been robbing high end places in different cities. MCD gets a tip that they are about to hit a bank in New York. After capturing one of the member of the gang, Carrie goes undercover in her place. Carrie and MCD must now work together to nab the gang's leader, a notorious thief who never shows his face.|
|25||3||"Day of the Jackie"||Paul Holohan||Wendy Battles||August 11, 2013||6.88|
|A businessman is murdered in a high class hotel. Carrie and Al are asked to investigate the case and they are unable to ascertain why he was murdered. On further investigation they discover that his death was collateral damage in a larger plot to assassinate a diplomat by a dangerous group.|
|26||4||"Memory Kings"||Peter Werner||Sam Montgomery||August 18, 2013||6.57|
|Carrie and Al investigate the apparent suicide death of Eugene Lustig, a professor who was famous for his work on Terra Cognita, the new source of human memory. Eugene was the scientist who helped Carrie during her period of depression. She was part of a group who had the same skill as hers. She must now track them down in order to find the killer.|
|27||5||"Past Tense"||Matt Earl Beesley||Barry Schindel||August 25, 2013||6.80|
|When an Afghani cab driver is found murdered,Carrie and Al are brought in and informed that he was a government informant. He was helping the government in the surveillance and capture of terrorists. As it turns into a matter of national security, Carrie and Al must race against time to apprehend the real culprit before they blow up some place in New York.|
|28||6||"Line Up or Shut Up"||Peter Werner||Sam Montgomery||September 1, 2013||6.94|
|A young man is found murdered in the driver's seat of an expensive sports car when he was delivering it to a diplomat. As Carrie and Al investigate each clue, it leads them to a different culprit with different motives. They must solve the crime before the diplomat leaves the country.|
|29||7||"Maps and Legends"||Jean de Segonzac||Quinton Peeples||September 8, 2013||5.76|
|An urban explorer is found dead in a library with symptoms similar to that of Ebola virus. It is later ascertained that the explorer died due to continuous exposure to RDX. Carrie and Al investigate and deduce that the urban explorer and his close friend were on a treasure hunt believed to be hidden under the streets of New York. They must now follow the clues left by him and find the treasure before the streets underneath New York are blown up.|
|30||8||"Till Death"||David Platt||Barry M. Schkolnick||April 4, 2014||7.32|
|Carrie and Al pose as a married couple to catch a killer who may be responsible for a series of unsolved homicides that Al investigated years earlier.|
|31||9||"Flesh and Blood"||Oz Scott||Wendy Battles||April 11, 2014||7.59|
|Carrie catches Jackie, an elusive assassin, master of disguise (whom she met and previously lost in episode 3 Day of the Jackie) but then is forced to trust the woman when it is revealed she has vital information that could prevent a terrorist attack on New York City.|
|32||10||"Manhunt"||Jan Eliasberg||Barry Schindel||April 18, 2014||7.17|
|Carrie and Al hunt for a recently paroled criminal who may be responsible for a defense attorney's death and who may also be out to settle other scores. The investigation leads to cases of rapes and murders dating 10 years back.|
|33||11||"East of Islip"||Rick Bota||Spencer Hudnut||April 25, 2014||7.64|
The murdered body of a young socialite woman washes ashore in the Hamptons, and Carrie and Al's boss offers them a "paid vacation" in his beautiful Southampton cottage, in order to help local law enforcement find the killer, who may or may not be related to a previous serial killer.Soon, the rest of the team volunteers to help them and travel there as well (not at all interested in the place nor the superb house they are lodged in).
|34||12||"Omega Hour"||Jean de Segonzac||Bill Chais||May 2, 2014||7.59|
|When Carrie and Elliott are attending a party sponsored by the mayor, a group of criminals seizes control of the building, and demand a hefty ransom. It is up to Carrie to thwart their plans by playing from the Die Hard book.|
|35||13||"Reunion"||Paul Holahan||John Bellucci & Bill Chais||May 9, 2014||7.26|
|Carrie's high school reunion is suddenly cut short when an alum shows up dead. Carrie has to remember back 22 years to understand the events that led to this crime.|
- Season two episodes 8-13 were broadcast earlier in German speaking countries on Glitz* (Germany).
|#||Title||Air date||Ratings/Share (18–49)||Viewers (millions)|
|1||"Big Time"||July 28, 2013||1.3/4||7.15|
|2||"Incognito"||August 4, 2013||1.2/3||7.10|
|3||"Day of the Jackie"||August 11, 2013||1.1/3||6.88|
|4||"Memory Kings"||August 18, 2013||1.1/3||6.57|
|5||"Past Tense"||August 25, 2013||1.1/3||6.80|
|6||"Line Up or Shut Up"||September 1, 2013||1.0/3||6.94|
|7||"Maps and Legends"||September 8, 2013||1.0/3||5.76|
|8||"Till Death"||April 4, 2014||0.9/4||7.32|
|9||"Flesh and Blood"||April 11, 2014||1.0/4||7.59|
|10||"Manhunt"||April 18, 2014||0.9/4||7.17|
|11||"East of Islip"||April 25, 2014||0.9/3||7.64|
|12||"Omega Hour"||May 2, 2014||1.0/4||7.59|
|13||"Reunion"||May 9, 2014||0.8/3||7.26|
- Lambert, David (April 1, 2014). "Unforgettable - Official 'Season 2' Package Art Arrives from CBS/Paramount". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (June 29, 2012). "It's Official: CBS Revives 'Unforgettable' for Summer 2013". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- "'The Crazy Ones' and 'Two and a Half Men' Switch Timeslots + CBS Announces 'Bad Teacher' & 'Unforgettable' Premieres".
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 30, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Big Brother' Adjusted Up + No Adjustment for 'Unforgettable'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (August 6, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Big Brother' Adjusted Up & Final Football Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (August 13, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Big Brother' & 'Secret Millionaire' Adjusted Up; 'Unforgettable' & 'Teen Choice Awards' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 20, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Big Brother' Adjusted Up + Final Football Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 27, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Big Brother' & 'Secret Millionaire' Adjusted Up; 'Unforgettable' Adjusted Down + Final Football Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (September 4, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Big Brother', 'Unforgettable' or 'Secret Millionaire'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 10, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Big Brother' & 'Unforgettable' Adjusted Up + Final NFL & US Open Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 7, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank', 'Last Man Standing', 'Hawaii Five-0' & 'Grimm' Adjusted Up; 'Unforgettable', 'Dateline' & 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 7, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 14, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank,' 'Last Man Standing', 'The Neighbors' & '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Grimm', 'Hannibal' & 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 21, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Hannibal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 28, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0', 'Blue Bloods', 'Last Man Standing' & 'Shark Tank' Adjusuted Up; 'Grimm, 'Hannibal' & 'Dateline' Adjsuted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 5, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Dateline', 'Grimm', 'Unforgettable' & Hannibal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (May 12, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Hannibal' & 'Whose Line Is It Anyway' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 12, 2014.