|Ungku Abdul Aziz
||Ungku Abdul Aziz bin Ungku Abdul Hamid
January 28, 1922
London, United Kingdom
||Waseda University, Tokyo
||Vice-Chancellor of University of Malaya (1968-1988)
Ungku Abdul Aziz bin Ungku Abdul Hamid (born January 28, 1922, London, United Kingdom) is a Malaysian economist. He is the former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Malaya from 1968 to 1988 and he was awarded the title of Professor Diraja (Regius Professor) in 1978. Before he graduated with a PhD from Waseda University in Tokyo,he studied at English College Johore Bahru his secondary school.
Abdul Aziz is a cousin of Syed Muhammad Naquib al-Attas and Syed Hussein Alatas as well as Sultan Ibrahim of Johor on his father's side. His father was of Malay and Circassian descent, while his mother was English.
- ^ "YM. Professor Diraja Tun Dr. Ungku Abdul Aziz" (in Malaysian). Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- ^ Syed Muhammad Naquib al-Attas, MSA Library Online
- ^ Taking root, branching out, DZIREENA MAHADZIR, April 1, 2007, The Star (Malaysia)
- ^ Abid, Jaafar, pp66
- ^ Japan Foundation Award, 1981., Japanese Foundation
- ^ ica.coop ga2009-rochdale-award
- Reflections of Pre-independence Malaya, Mohamed Abid, Onn Jaafar, Published by Pelanduk Publications, 2003, ISBN 967-978-865-2