Promotional post-card for "Uninhibited".
|Fragrance by Cher|
|Released||November 1, 1987|
|Tagline||Uninhibited by Cher. Bottled, but not contained|
Uninhibited is a women's fragrance from Parfums Stern, and is the first fragrance to be endorsed by singer-actress Cher. The fragrance was released in November 1987, nine days before the release of her nineteenth album Cher.
Uninhibited had a short, intense and wild introduction under the Cher name in the end of 1980s, lasting on the market for only two years before vanishing in a spate of non-related corporate mergers.
The fragrance was released on 1987. Uninhibited Perfume has top notes of bergamot, orange oil and aldehydic accords. Middle notes of heliotrope, ylang-ylang, geranium, jasmine, rose and tabac. Dry down notes of cedarwood, musk, sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver.
The perfume was launched in New York City on August 10, 1988, in Century City on October 31, 1988 and in Los Angeles on January 1989. During the promotion in Century City, Cher wore a dress in a Cleopatra style.
To promote the "Uninhibited" perfume, Cher filmed two commercials. Both were shot in October and although she was supplied with a script, Cher stated that "some of the spot will be ad-libbed".
In the video there is a marquee near the sea and Cher's son Elijah Blue Allman is shown playing the guitar. The advertising was filmed in 1988, and didn't promote the perfume, but the body lotion. There is also another alternative commercial with Cher walking on a catwalk during a fashion show. A small piece of this video was used for the intro of the The Farewell Tour. Another advertisement for "Uninhibited" was released in September 1989. The text reads, "Uninhibited by Cher. Bottled, but not contained".
"Uninhibited" is an eau de parfum, and was available in 50 and 200 mL bottles. Apart from these bottles of perfume, there are also:
- "Uninhibited Perfume" 30 mL with the white cover thrown away before put up for sale.
- "Uninhibited Perfume" 250 mL contains the real perfume, not the toilette water.
- "Uninhibited Eau de Toilette" 100 mL with collector's 4x4 box released in 1989. There are two different versions of this edition: the first with the black box and the second with the metallised box.
- "Uninhibited Body Lotion" 200 g.
- "Uninhibited Body Powder" 150 g.
- "Uninhibited Perfume Gift Set" It includes a pair of earrings and a small bottle of her fragrance. There is no size marked on the bottle.
- "Uninhibited Vials" in this are inscribed in black the signature "CHER Uninhibited". Some have the evaporation.
- "Cher seeks a perfume share". Chicago Sun-Times, 1988-11-08. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- "COMPANY NEWS". The New York Times. 1989-11-23. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Freitag, Michael (1989-05-12). "COMPANY NEWS; If Amway Wins Avon, It Will Sell Retail Unit". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Fottler, Marsha (1988-10-03). "Cher joins the ranks of the big sniffs". Star-Banner. Retrieved 2010-01-09.