Union Chapel (Glenwood, Maryland)
Union Chapel, January 2011
|Location||1 mile north of Glenwood on Maryland Route 97, Glenwood, Maryland|
|Architectural style||No Style Listed|
|NRHP Reference #||75000904|
|Added to NRHP||March 17, 1975|
The Union Chapel, now known as St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, is a historic church located near Glenwood, Howard County, Maryland, United States. It is a rectangular two-story building of stuccoed stone construction completed in 1833 for $1,459. To the rear of the chapel is the attractively landscaped non-sectarian Oak Grove Cemetery. Charles Dorsey Warfield, a member of the prominent Warfield family that settled this region, deeded the property to the residents of the area for non-denominational church and community use. The building was constructed for $5,040 In 1886, it became part of the Methodist church circuit.
- List of Howard County properties in the Maryland Historical Trust
- Bushy Park, Glenwood Maryland
- Ellerslie (Glenwood, Maryland)
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- Howard County Historic Society. Images of America Howard County. p. 58.
- Barbara W. Feaga. Howard's Roads to Past. p. 72.
- "Maryland Historical Trust". Union Chapel, Howard County. Maryland Historical Trust. 2008-11-21.
- Union Chapel, Howard County, including photo from 1997, at Maryland Historical Trust
- Union Chapel (Glenwood, Maryland) on Google Street View
- St. Andrew's Episcopal Church website
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Howard County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|