Union Christian Academy
|Union Christian Academy|
|4201 Windsor Drive
Fort Smith, Arkansas, 72904
|School type||Private Private|
|NCES School ID||00048337|
|Teaching staff||11.5 (on FTE basis)|
5–12 (Middle, Jr./Sr. High)
|Student to teacher ratio||7.0|
|Classes offered||Regular, Advanced Placement|
|Athletics||Volleyball, Golf, Cross Country, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field|
|Athletics conference||1A 3 East (2012–14)|
|Team name||Union Christian Eagles|
Arkansas Activities Association
Founded in 2005 as a result of a merger of the former Harvest Time Christian School, Fort Smith Christian School and River Valley Christian School. For the 2009–10 school year, Union Christian serves more than 200 students in prekindergarten through grade 4 at its elementary campus and nearly 300 students in grades 5 through 12 at its middle/high school campus.
Union Christian Academy is accredited by AdvancED since 2003 and is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (ANSAA).
The Union Christian Academy mascot for academic and athletic teams is the Eagle with the school colors of blue and white.
The Union Eagles participate in various interscholastic activities in the 2A Classification within the 2A Region 4 Conference as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Eagles school athletic activities include football, volleyball, competitive cheer, basketball (boys/girls), baseball, softball, tennis (boys/girls), and track and field (boys/girls).
Union Christian Academy and one the former Fort Smith Christian High School won numerous state championships including:
- Golf: The boys golf team won a state golf championship in 2000.
- Tennis: The boys tennis team won three consecutive 2A class state tennis championships in 2008, 2009 and 2010. The girls team were crowned the 2A class state tennis champions in 2009.
- Track and field: The boys track team won four state track and field championships (1998, 2000, 2001, 2002). The girls team equally have won four state track titles (1993, 1994, 1995, 2006).
Clubs and traditions
Union Christian students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of clubs and activities including:
- For middle school students (grades 5 and 6), Union offers the Student Council, Mission Possible (for 5th throu 8th grade girls), and King's Daughters, which is a mentoring program of senior girls to 5th grade girls.
- For junior/senior high school students (grades 7 through 12), Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), National Honor Society and National Junior Honor Society, Quiz Bowl and Student Council.
The following are notable people associated with Union Christian Academy High School and its predecessors. If the person was a Union Christian student, the number in parentheses indicates the year of graduation; if the person was a faculty or staff member, that person's title and years of association are included:
- Gus Malzahn (1984)—American college football coach and former player.
- Craig Gentry (2002) - Major League Baseball player for Texas Rangers.
- "Search for Private Schools - School Detail for Crowley's Ridge Academyl". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Institution Summary, Union Christian Academy". AdvancED. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "School Profile, Union Christian Academy". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 4 April 2013.