Union County Vocational-Technical High School
|Union County Vocational-Technical High School|
|1776 Raritan Road
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
|Type||public high school|
|School district||Union County Vocational Technical Schools|
|Faculty||37.7 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Enrollment||309 (as of 2011-12)|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.19:1|
The Union County Vocational-Technical High School (UC Tech) is a full-time vocational public high school, located in Scotch Plains in Union county, New Jersey, United States. This school is a career academy on the Union County Vocational Technical Schools Campus, which also includes the Union County Academy for Allied Health Sciences, Academy for Information Technology, Union County Magnet High School and the Academy for Performing Arts.
As of the 2011-12 school year, the school had an enrollment of 309 students and 37.7 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 8.19:1. There were 68 students (22.0% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 30 (9.7% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
Schooldigger.com ranked the school tied for 18th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (a decrease of 6 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the mathematics (98.3%) and language arts literacy (100.0%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
- Data for Union County Vocational Tech, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 22, 2014.
- New Jersey High School Rankings: 11th Grade HSPA Language Arts Literacy & HSPA Math 2010-2011, Schooldigger.com. Accessed February 23, 2012.
- Union County Vocational-Technical High School website
- Union County Vocational-Technical High School's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Union County Vocational-Technical High School, National Center for Education Statistics