Union Station Bus Terminal
|Address||141 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
|Line(s)|| GO Transit
Can-ar Coach Service
|Connections|| Union Railway Station
|Platforms||7 bus bays|
|Station code||GO Transit: USBT|
The Union Station Bus Terminal is part of GO Transit's facilities at Union Station in downtown Toronto, which is the hub for GO Transit's commuter rail service. The bus terminal opened in 2003 to replace the on-street facility in front of the railway station, relieving the traffic congestion on Front Street, and to accommodate GO buses moved from the Toronto Coach Terminal. Facilities available are: ticket counter/machines, newsstand/snack bar, public washrooms and a heated waiting area.
The bus terminal is located directly across Bay Street from the railway terminal, behind the Dominion Public Building on Front Street. Jaywalking between the stations has been prevented by the installation of a barrier in the central median of Bay Street with pedestrian and wheelchair access provided by an enclosed walkway above the street to railway platform 1 and the GO Transit concourse, however this is regularly ignored by jaywalkers. There is also direct stairway access to railway platforms 2, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B and 7A through the adjoining "teamway" under the railway tracks.
The site of the Union Station Bus Terminal was once occupied by a small passenger depot and more recently former CP Express & Transport building. Most of the old structure was demolished with a dock door retained and limestone fascia stored. The bus terminal sees an average of 7,000 passengers on week days.
One bus, the Hamilton Express, serves this terminal throughout the day, while other routes are connected to the rail corridors, with no bus service during the weekday peak hours, when the trains are in operation.
- Platform assignments
- 41 - Unloading
- 42 - Hamilton Express via QEW (route 16)
- 43 - Milton GO line corridor stations, Lisgar, Erindale, Streetsville 
- 44 - Square One Bus Terminal
- 45 - Richmond Hill GO line corridor stations 
- 46 - Barrie GO line corridor stations/Newmarket Bus Terminal 
- 47 - Stouffville GO line corridor stations/Uxbridge and Georgetown/Brampton
Local Toronto Transit Commission services use Union Subway Station for the Yonge–University–Spadina subway line and streetcar routes 509 Harbourfront and 510 Spadina. TTC bus routes 6 Bay  and 72 Pape  use curbside stops on the streets nearby.
Metrolinx announced plans to move the current terminal to a new complex located to the south of the current location, on the opposite sid of the rail corridor, by 2018. This new terminal will be housed in a complex of office towers and elevated park over the rail cooridor.
- CP Express Building Demolition - Union Station
- Hamilton QEW GO Bus Schedule
- Milton GO Train & Bus Schedule
- Richmond Hill GO Train & Bus Schedule
- Barrie GO Train & Bus Schedule
- Stouffville GO Train & Bus Schedule
- TTC Route 6 Bay
- TTC Route 72 Pape
- "Union Station gets new GO bus terminal as part of office tower development". CBC News. Sep 30, 2014. Retrieved September 2014.
Media related to Union Station Bus Terminal at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Union Station Bus Terminal
- Can-ar Coach Service: Southern Ontario Bus Schedule