||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2010)|
|Motor racing team|
|Country|| United States
|Team Principal(s)||Zak Brown, Richard Dean|
|Current series||British GT Championship
European Supercar Championship
Legends of Motorsports
United Autosports is an American owned, British-based sports car racing team founded by drivers and entrepreneurs, American Zak Brown and Briton Richard Dean. The team fields two McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and an Audi R8 LMS in the British GT Championship and feature endurance events—the 24 Hours of Spa, Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (Zhuhai, China) and Macau Grand Prix. In 2014 the team entered the British Touring Car Championship with two Toyota Avensis'.
The team partnered with Michael Shank Racing for the 2011 Rolex 24 at Daytona, finishing 4th in the Daytona prototype class. The drivers included Mark Blundell, Martin Brundle, Mark Patterson and Zak Brown. The team's best results in 2010 were podium finishes in the FIA GT3 European Championship, 24 Hours of Spa., 1000 km of Zhuhai, and Macau Grand Prix.
The United Autosports drivers participated in the 2011 British GT Championship include Matt Bell, John Bintcliffe, Jay Palmer and Michael Guasch. The United Autosports drivers participating in the 2011 FIA GT3 European Championship include Matt Bell, Zak Brown, Joe Osborne and Mark Patterson.
In the 2012 season, United Autosports became among the first customers for the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 car and ran two examples in the Blancpain Endurance Series for drivers Zak Brown, Mark Blundell, Mark Patterson, Alvaro Parente, Matt Bell and David Brabham. They also replaced their single Audi R8 LMS with an MP4-12C GT3 for the final few rounds of the 2012 British GT season and the new car won on its debut at Snetterton in the hands of Matt Bell and Charles Bateman. Further British GT Championship wins followed at Silverstone for Matt Bell and Charles Bateman, and at Donington for Zak Brown and Alvaro Parente.
In 2013, the team is competing in the British GT Championship with two McLaren MP4-12C GT3 cars and an Audi R8 LMS ultra.
In support of its international racing operations, United Autosports simultaneously prepares and fields racing entries from the U.S. in Indianapolis (Legends of Motorsports, historics) and the U.K. in Leeds (FIA GT3 European Championship, British GT).
The team also prepares and manages historic races cars on behalf of customers and the team owner Zak Brown. Cars that are currently managed by the team include a 1974 Ferrari F1 driven by Niki Lauda, a 1977 McLaren F1 car driven by James Hunt and a 1986 JPS Lotus Renault F1 car driven by Ayrton Senna.
- "America’s United Autosports FIA GT3 Team Launched". planetlemans.com. Planet Le Mans. 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- German Car Scene (15 May 2010). "United Autosports hopes for better fortune in Czech Republic". Retrieved 18 Aug 2010.
- Craig (14 June 2010). "United Autosports continues learning programme in Spain". European Motor News. Retrieved 18 Aug 2010.
- John Dagys (29 July 2010). "SPA24: The Rise And Return Of Zak Brown". Retrieved 18 Aug 2010.
- "TEAM NEWS: Bell brothers victorious on British GT race debut". britishgt.com. British GT Championship. 2010-08-15. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "TouringCars.Net >> United Autosport confirm BTCC plans". touringcars.net. TouringCars.Net. 2013-02-12. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Brundle and Blundell finish fourth at Daytona". ESPN F1. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Results: 2010 Round 5 - Algarve". FIA GT3 European Championship. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "United Autosports Claim Magnificent Top-Three Finish On 24 Hour Race Début". planetlemans.com. Planet Le Mans. 2010-08-01. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "United Autosports Claim Magnificent Top-Three Finish On 24 Hour Race Début". flagworld.com. FlagWorld. 2010-11-08. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "United Autosports achieves top result in final race of début season". planetlemans.com. Planet Le Mans. 2010-11-21. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "UNITED AUTOSPORTS COMPLETES 2011 BRITISH GT CHAMPIONSHIP SQUAD". 2010-10-14.
- "British Youngster Joins United Autosports' 2011 FIA GT3 Euro Campaign". 2010-12-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to United Autosports.|