United Communist Party of Armenia
United Communist Party of Armenia (Armenian: Հայաստանի Միավորված Կոմունիստական Կուսակցության , abbreviated ՀՄԿԿ / HMKK, Hayastani Miatsial Komunistakan Kusaktsutyun) is a political party in Armenia. It was formed on July 7, 2003 through the merger of:
- Renewed Communist Party of Armenia - (in Armenian: Հայաստանի նորացված կոմունիստական կուսակցություն Hayastani Noratsvats Komunistakan Kusaktsutyun) abbreviated HNKK, formed on May 25, 2002, by former Armenian Communist Party (HKK) leaders Yuri Manukian and Grant Voskanyan who had been expelled from HKK the previous year on the grounds that they had advocated cooperation with the government. Manukian became the First Secretary of the Central Committee of the United Communist Party of Armenia
- Armenian Labour Communist Party - (in Armenian: Հայաստանի աշխատավորության կոմունիստական կուսակցություն Hayastani Ashkhatavorutian Komunistakan Kusaktsutiun)
- Armenian Workers Union - (in Armenian: Հայ աշխատավորների միություն) founded in 1999.
- Union of Communists of Armenia - (in Armenian: Հայաստանի կոմունիստների միություն). In the 2003 elections, the party formed part of the Free and Fair Armenia electoral bloc before joining United Communist Party of Armenia.
- Marxist Party of Armenia - (in Armenian:Հայաստանի մարքսիստական կուսակցություն) The Marxist Party of Armenia had registered in 1997, but failed to get re-register by 1 January 2001. In the 2003 elections, the party formed part of the Free and Fair Armenia electoral bloc before joining United Communist Party of Armenia.
- Party of Intellectuals.
The HMKK considers itself as a 'constructive opposition party'. It has closer links to the government than the main Armenian Communist Party and does not join opposition fronts.
- Communist Party of Armenia (disambiguation)
- Communist Party of Armenia (Soviet Union)
- Armenian Communist Party
- "Caucasus Report: May 30, 2005". Reports Archive. 30 May 2005. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. Retrieved Feb. 28, 2009. http://www.rferl.org/content/Article/1341722.html
|This article about an Armenian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This communist party-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|