United Kingdom local elections, 1995
The 1995 United Kingdom local elections took place on 4 May 1995. The Conservative Party lost over 2,000 councillors in the election, while the Labour Party won 48% of the vote, a record high for the party in local elections.
This was the first election of 22 Welsh and 14 English unitary authorities, creating shadow authorities which ran in parallel with existing councils until taking power in April 1996, except for the new Isle of Wight Council which took power immediately.
Individual council results
- Bristol City Council Elections, 1995
- Hinckley and Bosworth Council election, 1995
- Highland Council election, 1995
- High Peak Council election, 1995
- North West Leicestershire District Council election, 1995
- Trafford Council election, 1995
United Kingdom local elections, 1994
|United Kingdom local elections||Succeeded by
United Kingdom local elections, 1996