United National Liberation Front
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2012)|
The United National Liberation Front (UNLF) is an insurgent group in the state of Manipur in the north-east of India. The UNLF aims to establish an independent socialist Manipur. The outfit was founded on 24 November 1964 with the following key personalities as its central committee members.
- Kalalung Kamei, President
- Thankhopao Singsit, Vice-President
- Arambam Samerendra, General Secretary
- Longjam Manimohan, Member
- Laishram Kanhai, Member
- Nongmeikapam Sanajaoba, Member
- Nongmaithem Pahari, Member
The United Nation Liberation Front movement manifested as a result of several similar movements of the same political agenda. The UNLF is also the oldest insurgent organization of Manipur, India, forming in 1964. The UNLF is known to be heavily involved with Extortion, Arms Trading, and Income Generating Projects to finance their armed movements. They have several organized training camps within the northeast sector of India and the neighbouring countries of Myanmar and Bangladesh. Ningtam Meira is the primary media outlet they use to make publications.
- About UNLF in the Global Security Website
- Description of the UNLF in The South Asian Terrorist Portal: