United Nations Security Council Resolution 541
|UN Security Council
|Date||18 November 1983|
|13 voted for
1 voted against
|Security Council composition|
United Nations Security Council resolution 541, adopted on 18 November 1983, after reaffirming Resolution 365 (1974) and Resolution 367 (1975), the Council considered Northern Cyprus' decision to declare independence legally invalid.
It called upon both parties to cooperate with the Secretary-General, and urged other Member States not to recognise Northern Cyprus, while only recognising the Republic of Cyprus as the sole authority on the island.
- Cyprus dispute
- List of United Nations Security Council Resolutions 501 to 600 (1982–1987)
- United Nations Buffer Zone in Cyprus
- Turkish Invasion of Cyprus
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 550
- United Nations' International Court of Justice 22 July 2010
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|