United Nations geoscheme for Asia
The following is an alphabetical list of subregions in the United Nations Statistical Divisions geoscheme for Asia. The UNSD notes that "the assignment of countries or areas to specific groupings is for statistical convenience and does not imply any assumption regarding political or other affiliation of countries or territories".
- China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- China, Macau Special Administrative Region
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Republic of Korea
- Taiwan: Note that because of the political status of Taiwan, Taiwan is considered as a part of China by the UN, and not formally listed by the UN website, even though the People's Republic of China has never exercised governmental control over Taiwan. Several institutions and research include Taiwan in their use of the UN geo-scheme Eastern Asia. (1)The regional split recommended by Lloyd's of London for Eastern Asia (UN geo-scheme Eastern Asia) contains Taiwan. (2) Based on the United Nations geo-scheme, the APRICOT (conference) includes Taiwan in East Asia. (3) Studying Website Usability in Asia, Ather Nawaz and Torkil Clemmensen select Asian countries on the basis of United Nations Geoscheme, and Taiwan is also included.
- Brunei Darussalam
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Viet Nam
- United Nations geoscheme
- United Nations geoscheme for Africa
- United Nations geoscheme for the Americas
- United Nations geoscheme for Europe
- United Nations geoscheme for Oceania
- Standard country or area codes and geographical regions for statistical use
- Geographical diversification and Solvency II: A proposal by Lloyd’s
- Countries in APRICOT's Region
- Website Usability in Asia ‘from Within’: An Overview of a Decade of Literature International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 29, issue 4 (2013), pp. 256-273.