United Neighborhood Organization
United Neighborhood Organization (UNO) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. The organization works to help Hispanic Americans and was established in 1984. It operates UNO Charter Schools, a network of charter schools, out of the UNO headquarters. With over 5,500 students, the network has 11 schools, including one high school.
In 2013 employees at UNO unionized, joining the Chicago Alliance of Charter School Teachers and Staff (Chicago ACTS).
List of schools
- Maj Hector P. Garcia MD High School (Archer Heights) Of its class of 2012, 20% were illegal immigrants
- UNO - PFC Omar E.Torres Campus
- UNO - SPC Daniel Zizumbo Campus
- UNO - Carlos Fuentes
- UNO - Officer Donald J. Marquez
- UNO - Soccer Academy Elementary School
- UNO - Bartolome de Las Casas
- UNO - Gage Park
- UNO - Rufino Tamayo
- UNO - Sandra Cisneros Campus
- UNO - Octavio Paz Campus
- UNO - Soccer Academy High School
- "About." United Neighborhood Organization. Retrieved on June 16, 2012.
- "UNO Charter Schools." United Neighborhood Organization. Retrieved on June 16, 2012. "UNO Academic Affairs 954 W. Washington 3rd FL Chicago, IL 60607"
- Dan Mihalopoulos State cuts off money to embattled UNO charter schools over insider deals April 25, 2013 Chicago Sun Times
-  Chicago Sun Times
- UNO Charter Schools Chicago Chicago Tribune
- Martinez, Michael. "For iIllegal [sic] immigrant graduates, a 'leap of faith has been answered,' educator says." CNN. Saturday June 16, 2012. Retrieved on June 16, 2012.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|