United States Bridge Federation
The United States Bridge Federation (USBF) is the national federation for contract bridge in the United States and a non-profit organization formed by the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) and the American Bridge Association (ABA) in 2001 to hold the United States Bridge Championships to select train and support Open, Women, Senior and Junior teams to represent the United States in international competition.
The USBF receives support for its teams from the ACBL International Fund and Junior Fund, its membership dues, contributions and entry fees for the USBCs.
- President : George Jacobs
- Vice President : Howard Weinstein
- Treasurer : Sylvia Moss
- Secretary : Jan Martel
The President and the Vice President are elected for a 2-years term.
Originally, the USBF was also created to support the World Bridge Federation (WBF) efforts to obtain Olympic recognition for bridge. While bridge and chess were recognized as "mind sports" by the International Olympic Committee in 2008, they were not found eligible for the main Olympic program.
- American Bridge Association official website
- American Contract Bridge League official website
- United States Bridge Federation official website
- Manley, Brent, Editor; Horton, Mark, Co-Editor; Greenberg-Yarbro, Tracey, Co-Editor; Rigal, Barry, Co-Editor (2011). The Official Encyclopedia of Bridge (7th ed.). Horn Lake, MS: American Contract Bridge League. p. 17. ISBN 978-0-939460-99-1.
- "Review of the Olympic programme and the recommendations on the programme of the games of the XXIX Olympiad, Beijing 2008; page 8". October 2011.