United States House of Representatives elections in Colorado, 2014
|Elections in Colorado|
The 2014 United States House of Representatives elections in Colorado will be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014 to elect the seven U.S. Representatives from the state of Colorado, one from each of the state's seven congressional districts. The elections will coincide with the elections of other federal and state offices, including Governor of Colorado and U.S. Senator.
Democratic Pueblo County Commissioner and former State Representative Buffie McFadyen had been running against Tipton, but withdrew from the race in March 2014. Former Colorado Lottery Director, former State Senator and former State Representative Abel Tapia jumped in after his withdrawal. Democrats Abel Gebre Lake and Stephen Sheldon are running.
The incumbent is Republican Cory Gardner, who has represented the district since 2011. He was re-elected with 58% of the vote in 2012 and the district has a PVI of R+11. Gardner is not running for re-election. He is instead running for the U.S. Senate.
- Ken Buck, Weld County District Attorney and nominee for the U.S. Senate in 2010
- Barbara Kirkmeyer, Weld County Commissioner
- Steve Laffey, former Mayor of Cranston, Rhode Island and candidate for the U.S. Senate from Rhode Island in 2006
- Scott Renfroe, State Senator
- Tim Dore, State Representative
- Clarice Navarro, State Representative
- B.J. Nikkel, former State Representative
- Sean Conway, Weld County Commissioner
- Cory Gardner, incumbent U.S. Representative
- Frank McNulty, State Representative
- Jerry Sonnenberg, State Representative (running for the State Senate)
Former Air Force Major General and candidate for the seat in 2006 and 2008 Bentley Rayburn is challenging Lamborn in the Republican primary. Irv Halter, also a retired Air Force Major General, is running for the Democrats.
Andrew Romanoff, the former Speaker of the Colorado House of Representatives, will seek the Democratic nomination to challenge Coffman. Former State Representative Karen Middleton and State Senator Linda Newell will not run.
|DCCC||October 2013||475||± 4.13%||42%||43%||—||15%|
- Lee, Kurtis (10 February 2014). "Former state Rep. Buffie McFadyen to challenge Congressman Scott Tipton". The Denver Post. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Tipton’s Democrat opponent leaves race". The Durango Herald. March 17, 2014. Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- "Tapia takes on Tipton". The Pueblo Chieftain. March 21, 2014. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Bland, Scott (March 27, 2013). "Democrats Recruiting Tipton Challengers". National Journal. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- "Stephens bows out of U.S. Senate race; Udall blasts Gardner’s ‘backroom deal’". KDVR. February 27, 2014. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- "Ken Buck Drops Senate Bid to Run for Cory Gardner’s Seat". Roll Call. February 26, 2014. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- "Weld Commissioner Kirkmeyer to run for Congress". Times-Call. March 3, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Hugh Johnson (March 3, 2014). "Race to succeed Cory Gardner in the 4th Congressional District gets more crowded". The Denver Post. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "IN: State Sen. Scott Renfroe to Run for Fourth Congressional District". Colorado Peak Politics. February 28, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "With Rep. Cory Gardner exiting U.S. House, Republicans eye race". The Denver Post. February 27, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "McNulty won’t challenge Buck, others for Gardner’s seat". KDVR. March 9, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "Sonnenberg not running for Congress". Journal-Advocate. March 4, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Schrader, Megan. "Bentley Rayburn says he'll challenge Doug Lamborn in 5th Congressional District". Gazette.com. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Sherry, Allison (January 23, 2013). "Coffman on running against Udall in 2014: Not Interested". The Denver Post. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Lee, Kurtis (February 2, 2013). "Andrew Romanoff to challenge Rep. Mike Coffman in Aurora-based 6th District". The Denver Post. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- Lee, Kurtis (February 11, 2013). "Karen Middleton withdraws name from consideration for 6th Congressional District". The Denver Post. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- Lee, Kurtis (February 8, 2013). "Linda Newell ends speculation of run in 6th Congressional District, endorses Romanoff". The Denver Post. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- Lynn Bartels (January 26, 2014). "The battle of the odd last names: Ytterberg vs. Perlmutter in the 7th District". The Denver Post. Retrieved January 28, 2014.
|This American elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|