United States House of Representatives election in South Dakota, 2008
|Elections in South Dakota|
The 2008 United States House of Representatives election in South Dakota took place on Tuesday, November 4, 2008. Voters selected a representative for their single At-Large district, who ran on a statewide ballot.
Democratic incumbent Stephanie Herseth Sandlin was challenged by the Republican nominee, businessman and attorney Chris Lien. Neither candidate was opposed in the June 3, 2008 primary. CQ Politics forecasted this race as 'Safe Democrat'. George W. Bush won in this district 61% to 39% for John Kerry in 2004.
|South Dakota's At-large congressional district election, 2008|
|Democratic||Stephanie Herseth (inc.)||256,041||67.56%|
- Unofficial Results Primary Election - June 3, 2008 South Dakota Secretary of State
- Race ranking and details from CQ Politics
- Elections from the South Dakota Secretary of State
- U.S. Congress candidates for South Dakota at Project Vote Smart
- South Dakota U.S. House Races from 2008 Race Tracker
- Campaign contributions for South Dakota congressional races from OpenSecrets.org
- Campaign contributions from OpenSecrets.org
- Campaign websites