United States India Political Action Committee
The US India Political Action Committee (USINPAC) is a national, bipartisan body representing the political views of the Indian-American community in the US. It works to influence policies concerning Indians in the US, and provides the Indian-American community a platform to discuss and voice their opinions, share their views and fight for issues affecting them. The organization works in close coordination with other Indian-American organizations, the Congress and US administration.
Besides promoting “fair and balanced policies” and ensuring that the concerns of the community are effectively addressed, it also offers support to Indian-American candidates vying for political and legislative offices. According to the official website of USINPAC, it has supported successful candidates such as South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, and California District Attorney General Kamala Harris among others.
The PAC also publishes a monthly online magazine –USInpact.
USINPAC is headed by Mr. Sanjay Puri.
United States India Political Action Committee (USINPAC) works with and tries to emulate the success of American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), USINPAC sees AIPAC as "Gold Standard in terms of political activism".
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) - seen as a partner by USINPAC
- Diaspora politics in the United States
- Ethnic interest groups in the United States
- Federation of Tamil Sangams of North America
- Friends of South Asia (FOSA)
- Hindu American Foundation
- India-United States relations
- Indian Muslim Council
- US India Political Actions Committee Official Site