United States Senate election in Massachusetts, 1972
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elections in Massachusetts|
- John J. Droney - Middlesex County District Attorney. Served from the late 1950s until he was defeated for re-election in 1982 by Scott Harshbarger.
- Gerald O'Leary, Boston City Councilor
- John P. Lynch, Hampden County Register of Deeds
- Edward Brooke - Incumbent Senator first elected in 1966. Was the first African-American elected to the Senate by popular vote.
|Democratic||John J. Droney||215,523||45.05|
|Democratic||John P. Lynch||92,979||19.43|
|Democratic||John J. Droney||823,278||34.73||-4.01|
|Socialist Workers||Donald Gurewitz||41,369||1.75||+1.41|
- Race details at ourcampaigns.com
|This Massachusetts-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This American elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|