United States Senate election in New Hampshire, 2016
|Elections in New Hampshire|
The 2016 United States Senate election in New Hampshire will take place on November 8, 2016, to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the State of New Hampshire, concurrently with the 2016 U.S. presidential election, as well as other elections to the United States Senate in other states and elections to the United States House of Representatives and various state and local elections.
Incumbent Republican Senator Kelly Ayotte has not yet said whether she will seek re-election to a second term. She is speculated to be a potential candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in 2016 as well as a potential running mate. If she is the Vice Presidential nominee, she can appear on the ballot twice and run for re-election at the same time.
Ayotte is predicted to face opposition in the primary from a Tea Party candidate. In October 2013, former New Hampshire Republican State Committee Chairman Jack Kimball said: "There is no question in my mind that she will garner a primary challenger".
- Jackie Cilley, former State Senator and candidate for Governor of New Hampshire in 2012
- Mark Connolly, former Deputy Secretary of State and Director of Securities Regulation
- Dan Feltes, State Senator
- Maggie Hassan, Governor of New Hampshire
- Ann McLane Kuster, U.S. Representative
- Shawn O'Connor, businessman
- Chris Pappas, Executive Councilor
- Stefany Shaheen, Portsmouth City Councilor and daughter of U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen
- Carol Shea-Porter, U.S. Representative
- Donna Soucy, State Senator
- Colin Van Ostern, Executive Councilor
- Mike Vlacich, campaign manager for Senator Shaheen
|Public Policy Polling||January 9–12, 2014||1,354||± 2.7%||46%||40%||—||14%|
|Public Policy Polling||September 13–16, 2013||1,038||± 3%||45%||44%||—||11%|
|Public Policy Polling||April 19–21, 2013||933||± 3.2%||44%||46%||—||10%|
- Horn, Caroline (May 3, 2013) "Potential 2016 hopefuls test the waters in key states", CBS News.com. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- Feldmann, Linda (July 13, 2013) "Marco Rubio for president? 13 Republicans who might run next time - 11. Kelly Ayotte", Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "N.H. Sen. Kelly Ayotte's chances in N.H. for 2016", Concord Monitor. February 26, 2014. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Kucinich, Jackie (April 16, 2014). "Rep. Marsha Blackburn joins the wish list of GOP women contenders for 2016". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- Abby Livingston (October 30, 2013). "For N.H. Republicans, Pain Is Probably Temporary". Roll Call. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- John DiStaso (November 14, 2014). "Analysis: NH Democrats already have deep bench for top races in 2016". New Hampshire Journal. Retrieved November 14, 2014.