United States Virgin Islands gubernatorial election, 2014
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (February 2015)|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
the United States Virgin Islands
The 2014 United States Virgin Islands gubernatorial election took place on November 4, 2014, to elect the Governor of the United States Virgin Islands. Incumbent Democratic Governor John de Jongh is term-limited and cannot run for re-election to a third term in office. Since no candidate received the required 50%+1 as required by the Revised Organic Act of the Virgin Islands in the General Election, a run off was held between Donna Christian-Christensen and Kenneth Mapp, the two top vote receivers.  Mapp went on to win the run off in a landslide victory, with almost 64% of the vote. 
- Running mate: Basil Ottley, Jr., former Virgin Islands Senator
Defeated in Primary
- Running mate: Angel A. "Gito" Torres
- Running mate: Patrick Sprauve
- Running mate: Winston Braithwaite
- Running mate: Calford Martin
- Moleto Smith, former Deputy and Interim/Acting Commissioner of the Virgin Islands Department of Human Services
- Running mate: Hubert Frederick, business executive and former Deputy Commissioner of the Virgin Islands Department of Health
|Democratic primary results|
|Democratic||Adlah Donastorg Jr.||2,083||24.3|
|Democratic||Gerard Luz James||835||9.74|
- Soraya Diase Coffelt, former Territorial Court Judge
- Mona Barnes, first female State Command Sergeant Major of the Virgin Islands
- Running mate: Wendy Coram
- Sheila Alvin Scallion
- Running mate: Robert Quinn
|Election results, U.S. Virgin Islands Gubernatorial Election, November 4, 2014.|
|Independent||Soraya Diase Coffelt||1,837||7.07|
|Independent||Sheila A. Scullion||83||.32|
|Election results, U.S. Virgin Islands Gubernatorial Election Run Off, November 18, 2014. |
- FIONA STOKES (Daily News Staff). "Ballot set for runoff election Neither Christensen nor Mapp tickets expected to reach threshold after ballot-counting from General Election". virginislandsdailynews.com.
- "Kenneth Mapp Elected Governor Of The United States Virgin Islands". viconsortium.com.
- cite web|url=http://atr.rollcall.com/house-delegate-donna-christensento-run-for-governor/
- "Virgin Islands 2014 General Election". thegreenpapers.com.
- Mills, Horace (2014-07-29). "Smith takes election campaign to the BVI". BVI News. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- "USVI Primary". vivote.gov. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "Osbert Potter To Host TV News Show". St. Thomas Source. 1999-01-03. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- Kossler, Bill (2013-08-12). "Moleto Smith Declares Candidacy for Governor". St. Croix Source. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- St. Croix Source: Candidates for 2014 V.I. Elections
- Election System of the Virgin Islands: Listing of Candidates for Primary and General Elections - 2014
- Official campaign websites