United States at the 1984 Winter Paralympics
|United States at the Paralympic Games|
|At the 1984 Winter Paralympics in Innsbruck|
|Paralympic history (summary)|
The United States finished 5th in the gold medal and 4th in the total medal count.
The following American athletes won medals at the games. In the 'by discipline' sections below, medalists' names are in bold.
Each event had separate standing, sitting, or visually impaired classifications:
- LW2 - standing: single leg amputation above the knee
- LW 3 - standing: double leg amputation below the knee, mild cerebral palsy, or equivalent impairment
- LW4 - standing: single leg amputation below the knee
- LW5/7 - standing: double arm amputation
- LW6/8 - standing: single arm amputation
- LW9 - standing: amputation or equivalent impairment of one arm and one leg
- Gr I - sitting: paraplegia with no or some upper abdominal function and no functional sitting balance
- Gr II - sitting: paraplegia with fair functional sitting balance
- B1 - visually impaired: no functional vision
- B2 - visually impaired: up to ca 3-5% functional vision
Billie Ruth Schlank
|4×5 km relay||open|
- "1984 Innsbruck - Alpine skiing". International Paralympic Committee (IPC). 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Medal Standings - Innsbruck 1984 Paralympic Winter Games - Alpine Skiing". International Paralympic Committee (IPC). 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "Innsbruck 1984". paralympia.de. 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-18.
|This Paralympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|