Universal Reality Combat Championship
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Industry||Mixed martial arts promotion|
|Key people||Alvin Aguilar (founder)|
Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) is the first professional mixed martial arts event based in the Philippines. Its inaugural event was held at the Casino Filipino Amphitheater in Parañaque, Philippines on November 23, 2002. The URCC is under the supervision of the Games and Amusements Board (GAB), the government agency that sanctions games such as billiards, boxing and basketball. The URCC was founded in 2002 by Filipino BJJ Black belt Alvin Aguilar, who has been involved in the underground fighting scene for some time.
A number of URCC fighters have gone on to enjoy success fighting for mainstream MMA promotions. Chinese fighter Tiequan Zhang who fought at URCC 15 went on to fight for the WEC and the UFC and is currently ranked as one of the top featherweights in the world. Dave "The Scarecrow" Galera, who won the URCC Interim Bantamweight at URCC 23 is the first homegrown Filipino Fighter to be signed by the UFC.
Kevin Belingon, Eduard Folayang and Angelito Manguray all fought for ESPN Star Sports promotion Martial Combat in 2010  while Folayang and Kelly both won fights at ONE Fighting Championship: Champion vs. Champion on September 3, 2011.
|50||Colt 45 URCC 24: Uprising||November 30, 2013||SMX Convention Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|49||Colt 45 URCC Bacolod Brawl 2013||October 18, 2013||L'Fisher Hotel||Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines|
|48||URCC/Tribal Gear Dutdutan Tattoo Festival 2013||September 27, 2013||World Trade Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|47||Colt 45 URCC 23: Unrivaled||April 27, 2013||SMX Convention Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|46||Colt 45 URCC Baguio V: Unleashed||March 2, 2013||Baguio Convention Center||Baguio City, Philippines|
|45||Colt 45 URCC Cebu VIII: Survival||January 19, 2013||J. Centre Convention Hall||Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines|
|44||Colt 45 URCC 22: Dekada||December 1, 2012||SM Mall of Asia Arena||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|43||Colt 45 URCC Bacolod Brawl 2012||October 19, 2012||L'Fisher Hotel||Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines|
|42||Colt 45 URCC Davao Digmaan 4||August 26, 2012||Grand Oases Convention Center||Davao City, Philippines|
|41||Colt 45 URCC 21: Warpath||April 28, 2012||SMX Convention Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|40||Colt 45 URCC Baguio IV: Battleground||February 18, 2012||Baguio Convention Center||Baguio City, Philippines|
|39||Colt 45 URCC Cebu VII: Dominate||January 13, 2012||Cebu International Convention Center||Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines|
|38||URCC/Rouge Magazine's Black Tie Brawl 2011||November 19, 2011||New World Hotel||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|37||Colt 45 URCC XX||November 5, 2011||World Trade Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|36||Colt 45 URCC Bacolod Brawl 2011||October 16, 2011||L'Fisher Hotel||Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines|
|35||Colt 45 URCC University Challenge 2011||September 9, 2011||One Esplanade||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|34||URCC/Tribal Gear Dutdutan Tattoo Festival 2011||August 26, 2011||World Trade Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|33||Colt 45 URCC Davao Digmaan III||August 21, 2011||Garden Oases Resort & Convention Center||Davao City, Philippines|
|32||URCC 19: Collision||April 2, 2011||World Trade Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|31||URCC Baguio III: Invasion||February 19, 2011||Baguio Convention Center||Baguio City, Philippines|
|30||URCC Cebu VI: Respect||January 14, 2011||Cebu International Convention Center||Cebu City, Philippines|
|29||URCC 18: Relenthless||November 13, 2010||A-Venue Events Hall||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|28||URCC/Rouge Magazine's Black Tie Brawl 2010||October 29, 2010||New World Hotel Makati||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|27||URCC Bacolod Brawl 2010||October 17, 2010||Hotel PAGCOR||Bacolod City, Philippines|
|26||Colt 45 URCC Davao Digmaan II||October 17, 2010||Davao City, Philippines||Garden Oases Resort & Convention Center|
|25||URCC 17: Havoc||July 24, 2010||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines||A-Venue Events Hall|
|24||URCC 16: Reckoning||March 27, 2010||A-Venue Events Hall||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|23||URCC Baguio II: Tribal Wars||February 19, 2010||Baguio Convention Center||Baguio City, Philippines|
|22||URCC Cebu V: Deliverance||January 15, 2010||Cebu International Convention Center||Cebu City, Philippines|
|21||URCC 15: Onslaught||November 21, 2009||World Trade Center||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|20||URCC/Rouge Magazine's Black Tie Brawl 2009||October 24, 2009||Ranaissance Hotel Makati||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|19||URCC Bacolod Brawl 2009||October 17, 2009||West Negros Gym||Negros Occidental, Philippines|
|18||Colt 45 URCC University Challenge 2009||September 12, 2009||A-Venue Events Hall||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|17||URCC Davao Digmaan 2009||August 23, 2009||Davao Convention Center||Davao City, Philippines|
|16||URCC 14: Aggression||July 18, 2009||A.Venue Events Hall||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|15||URCC Baguio I||March 7, 2009||Baguio Convention Center||Baguio City, Philippines|
|14||URCC 13: Indestructible||November 22, 2008||A-Venue Events Hall||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|13||URCC Rouge Magazine's Black Tie Brawl 2008||October 18, 2008||Hyatt Hotel Manila||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|12||URCC 12: Supremacy||July 5, 2008||A. Venue Events Hall||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|11||URCC 11: Redemption||November 25, 2007||One Esplanade||Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|10||URCC 10: X||June 30, 2007||The Fort||Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|9||URCC 9: Unstoppable||December 2, 2006||The Arena||San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|8||URCC 8: Undisputed||May 20, 2006||The Arena||San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|7||URCC 7: The Art of War||December 10, 2005||Araneta Coliseum||Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|6||URCC 6: Unleashed Fury||June 25, 2005||Casino Filipino||Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|5||URCC 5: Beyond Fear||October 23, 2004||Casino Filipino||Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|4||URCC 4: Return to the Dungeon||April 24, 2004||Casino Filipino||Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|3||URCC 3: Siege at the Fort||September 20, 2003||The Fort||Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|2||URCC 2: Night of Champions||April 12, 2003||Phil Sports Arena||Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|1||URCC 1: Mayhem in Manila||November 23, 2002||Casino Filipino||Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines|
URCC's rules are different from those of established promotions.
URCC matches consist of two rounds, each lasting ten minutes. Intermissions between each round are two minutes in length. All title bouts will have a 5-minute third round in case of a draw after the two rounds.
|Division||Upper weight limit|
|Pinweight||119 lb (54 kg; 8.5 st)|
|Flyweight||129 lb (59 kg; 9.2 st)|
|Bantamweight||139 lb (63 kg; 9.9 st)|
|Featherweight||149 lb (68 kg; 10.6 st)|
|Lightweight||159 lb (72 kg; 11.4 st)|
|Welterweight||169 lb (77 kg; 12.1 st)|
|Middleweight||179 lb (81 kg; 12.8 st)|
|Light Heavyweight||189 lb (86 kg; 13.5 st)|
|Cruiser Weight||199 lb (90 kg; 14.2 st)|
|Heavyweight||Over 206 lb (93 kg; 14.7 st)|
The URCC uses a five-roped square ring.
URCC allows fighters latitude in their choice of attire but 4-ounce fingerless gloves and a mouthguard are mandatory. Shoes and derogatory markings on ring attire are forbidden. It is within a fighter's discretion to use other protective equipment such as groin guards.
Matches are won via:
- Physical tap out
- Verbal tap out
- A fighter falls from a legal blow and is either unconscious or unable to immediately continue.
- Technical Knockout
- Referee Stoppage (the referee stops the match after seeing that one fighter is completely dominant to the point of endangering his opponent).
- Doctor Stoppage (the referee stops the match in the event that a fighter is injured via a legal blow and the ring doctor determines that he cannot continue).
- Forfeited Match (a fighter's corner throws in the towel).
- If the match reaches its time limit then the outcome of the bout is determined by the three judges. The fight is scored by a 10-point must system per round. A three step procedure per round is followed:
- Determine winner of round (can be draw),
- Determine if winner dominated round ,
- Fouls then factored in (subtract one point per foul from fighter).
- Draws are acceptable in URCC matches.
- A "warning" will be given in the form of a yellow card or a red card (any fighter who executes a foul technique shall be penalized with a talent fee reduction) when a fighter commits an illegal action or does not follow the referee's instruction. Two yellow cards shall lead to a disqualification "red card."
- The referee's decision will always depend upon the level of violation committed by a fighter whether it's intentional or unintentional. Therefore, the referee may execute the "red card" even without showing the first two "yellow cards" as a caution for a disqualification
- The referees are also authorized to execute the red "disqualification" card if a fighter has deliberately injured his opponent and can no longer compete.
URCC considers the following to be fouls:
- Head butting.
- Eye gouging.
- Hair pulling.
- Fish hooking.
- Any attacks to the groin
- Strikes to the back of the head, which includes the occipital region and the spine. The sides of the head and the area around the ears are not considered to be the back of the head. (see Rabbit punch)
- Small joint manipulation (control of four or more fingers/toes is necessary).
- Intentionally throwing your opponent out of the ring.
- Running out of the ring.
- Purposely holding the ropes. Fighters cannot purposely hang an arm or leg on the ropes and it will result in an immediate warning.
- Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
- Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
- Throat strikes of any kind including without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
- Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
- Grabbing the clavicle.
- Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
- Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
- Stomping on a grounded opponent.
- Kicking to the kidney with a heel.
- Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
- Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
- Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
- Spitting at an opponent.
- Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
- Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
- Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
- Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
- Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
- Flagrantly disregarding the instruction of the referee.
- Timidity, including without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
- Interference by the corner.
- Throwing in the towel during competition.
- Exceeding numbers of cornermen.
- Unauthorized cornerman.
- Any lock which puts strain on the neck joint.
- If both fighters are on the verge of falling out of the ring or become entangled in the ropes, the referee will stop the action. The fighters must immediately stop their movements and will then be repositioned in the center of the ring in the same position. Once they are comfortably repositioned, they resume at the referee's instruction.
|Division||Champion||Team||URCC Record (W-L-D)|
|Pinweight||Roy Docyogen||Lakay MMA||10-2-0|
|Flyweight||Kevin Belingon||Lakay MMA||11-3-0|
|Bantamweight||Dave Galera||Lakay MMA||5-0-0|
|Lightweight||Honorio Banario||Lakay MMA||8-2-0|
|Welterweight||Eduard Folayang||Lakay MMA||12-4-0|
|Middleweight||Rodrigo Praxedes||Phuket Top Team||2-1-0|
|Light-Heavyweight||Nicholas Mann||Hybrid Yaw-Yan||4-2-0|
|Heavyweight||Igor Subora||Sprawl MMA||4-1-0|
- URCC Official Website
- MMA Manila
- Gracie Barra Philippines Official Website
- List of Events on Sherdog
- "No Quarter". FHM Philippines 33: 106. February 2003.
- "Professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Rules". Archived from the original on 2007-06-26. Retrieved 2007-07-30.