Universal Parks & Resorts
|Industry||Theme Park operator|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|Key people||Thomas Williams, Chairman & CEO
John Sprouls, Executive VP
|Revenue||$1.989 billion in 2011|
Universal Parks and Resorts, commonly and also known as Universal Studios Theme Parks, is the theme park division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast. The division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the various Universal Studios resort properties around the world. The division is headquartered in Orlando, Florida, United States. According to Comcast's annual report, the theme park division is NBCUniversal's strongest performer with a 24% increase in revenue; in comparison, NBCU gained 4% overall.
In 2011, approximately 30.8 million guests visited the Universal Studios theme parks, making it the third-largest amusement park operator in the world.
- Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, California, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, Florida, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal PortAventura, Salou, Spain (1997–2004)
These projects have been announced or are currently under construction. As such, this information may change as the projects move forward.
- Universal Studios South Korea, Hwaseong, South Korea (opens 2018)
- Universal Studios Dubailand, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Universal Studios Moscow, Moscow, Russia http://www.inparkmagazine.com/moscow-city-government-approves-construction-of-universal-studios-moscow/ (Opens 2018)
- Universal Studios Beijing, Beijing,People's Republic of China (Opens 2018)
Other locations have been reported for future Universal Studios theme parks. These include:
Theme Park Attractions & Lands
Universal Studios incorporates many replicas of attractions and lands in multiple parks around the world. The pages linked to above contain comprehensive list of the attractions and lands at Universal theme parks.
- "Comcast 2011 Annual Report". Comcast.com. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- Lieberman, David. "Comcast Completes Acquisition Of GE’s 49% Stake In NBCUniversal." Deadline.com (March 19, 2013)
- 2011 Theme Park Attendance Report
- "Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles, Hollywood". Universal Studios Hollywood. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Theme Parks at Universal Orlando Resort". Universal Orlando. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Universal Studios Japan Corporate Information". Universal Studios Japan. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- "Resorts World Sentosa - Universal Studios Singapore". Resorts World Sentosa. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- Hart, Lance. "Universal Studios Korea". Screamscape. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- Clifford Coonan, Alex Ben Block (4 March 2014). "Universal Studios to Build $2 Billion Hollywood-Themed Resort in Beijing". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Sharma, Amol. "Reliance, Universal Entertain Idea of U.S.-Style Theme Park in India". Wall Street Journal.