|IATA: UOX – ICAO: KUOX – FAA LID: UOX|
|Owner||University of Mississippi|
|Elevation AMSL||452 ft / 138 m|
University-Oxford Airport (IATA: UOX, ICAO: KUOX, FAA LID: UOX) is a public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) northwest of the central business district of Oxford, a city in Lafayette County, Mississippi, United States. The airport is owned by the University of Mississippi. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
University-Oxford Airport covers an area of 297 acres (120 ha) at an elevation of 452 feet (138 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,600 by 100 feet (1,707 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2011, the airport had 65,811 aircraft operations, an average of 180 per day: 89% general aviation, 9% air taxi, 2% military, and <1% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 39 aircraft based at this airport: 64% single-engine, 28% multi-engine, and 8% jet.
Airlines and destinations
Airline offering scheduled passenger service to direct destinations:
|Southern Airways Express||Destin, Knoxville, Memphis, Atlanta-Peachtree |
- FAA Airport Master Record for UOX ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (UOX: University-Oxford)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Route Map: Summer 2013". Southern Airways Express. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Timetable". Southern Airways Express. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- Airport page at University of Mississippi
- Aerial image as of February 1991 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for UOX, effective April 30, 2015
- Resources for this airport: