University Business School – Chandigarh
|University Business School|
|Type||Public Business School|
|Chairman||Prof. A. K. Vashisht (2013- Present)|
|Location||Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India|
University Business School (UBS), established in 1968, is located in Chandigarh and draws its academic resources of Panjab University while maintaining a distinct identity of its own. It is one of the most illustrious and most sought after B-Schools of country with several of its alumni holding top positions in various companies across the world. It is also one of the few management institutes in India with a structured Ph.D. program. Additionally UBS offers a three-year MBA (Executive) program for working professionals and a two-year M.Com (E-commerce) program, in addition to four full time MBA programs.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA (International Business)
- MBA (Human Resource)
- MBA (Biotechnology)
- MBA (Executive)
- M.Com. (Honors)
Some of the Faculty members of UBS are:
- Prof. Meenakshi Malhotra [MBA(Pune), Ph.D] Expertise: Management of Change, Organizational Development, OB.
- Prof. (EMERITUS) T. N. Kapoor [M.Com, LL.B., Ph.D] Expertise: Strategic Marketing & * * International Business.
- Prof. Deepak Kapur [B.E., MBA, LLB,Fellow(IIM-A)] Expertise: Strategic Management, IB & Legal Aspects
- Prof. A. K. Vashisht [M.Com, LLB, M.Phil & Ph.D] Expertise: Accounting and Finance.
- Dr. B.B.Goyal [M.A.(Eng.), MBA, Ph.D] Expertise: Marketing
- Dr. Gunmala Suri [M.Sc(Stat.), PGDCA, Ph.D] Expertise: Production Management, Business Statistics.
- Prof. S. K. Chadha [M.Com & Ph.D] Expertise: International Marketing and Logistics.
- Prof. Anupam Bawa [MBA(PU), Ph.D] Expertise: Marketing and General Management.
- Dr. Smriti Sood [MBA, M.Phil, Ph.D] Expertise: Marketing.
- Dr. Sanjay Kaushik [M.Com & Ph.D] Expertise: Human Resource Management & Banking.
- Dr. Karamjeet Singh[M.Com & Ph.D] Expertise: Strategic Cost Management, Finance & Accounting.
- Dr. Sanjeev K. Sharma [M.Sc(Hons), MMS, LLB, FDPM(IIM-A), Ph.D] Expertise: International Marketing and Logistics.
- Prof. Dinesh K. Gupta [M. Com & Ph.D] Expertise: Strategic Cost Management, Management Control Systems, Valuation of Intangibles
University Business School has a well organized placement cell that is driven by the students themselves. The average package offered at the institute is Rs. 7 lakh.
Some of the past recruiters at the institute include: Abhishek Industries ACC, AC Nielson, Adani Group of Companies, American Express, Amrop, Ashok Piramal, Asian Paints, Bell Ceramics, Bharti Airtel, Bharti Axa, BILT, Citi Bank, Centurion Bank of Punjab, Cognizant Technology Services, D B Corp, Deutsche Bank, DLF, Deloitte, Dhanlakshmi Bank, Eicher Motors, Emergent-Ventures, E-Sys, Feedback Ventures, Futures First, Fullerton[disambiguation needed], GMR, Godrej and Boyce, Grail Research, GSK, Gensol Consultants, HCL Technologies, HDFC Bank, HSBC Bank, IBM, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential, Idea Cellular, IL and FS, IMRB, Indian Oil, Indian Airlines, Infosys Ltd, Irevna, JK Corp, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Kotak Securities, LG Electronics, Magma Leasing, Mahindra and Mahindra, Millipore India, Newgen Technologies, NIIT, Nectar Life Sciences, Power Finance Corporation Ltd., Philips, Pipal Research, Punjab Tractors Ltd., Religare, Reserve Bank of India, Satyam Computers, Shaw Wallace, Sonalika International, Spice Telecom, State Bank of India, State Trading Corporation, Tata Teleservices Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services, Thomas Cook, Union Bank of Switzerland, Vardhman, Vedanta Resources, Voltas, Wipro, Xerox.
- Mr. Pratip Chaudhuri, Chairman, State Bank of India;
- Mr. P. Balakrishnan, CEO, AngloAmerican Services India Pvt. Ltd;
- Mr. S. Sandilya, Chairman, Eicher Motors;
- Mr. Atul Karwal, Joint Commissioner, Ahmedabad;
- Mr. Sunil Dutt, President-Personal Systems Group at Hewlett-Packard India Sales Pvt. Ltd.;
- Prof. John Raftery, Oxford Brookes University;
- Mr. Shehnaz Gill, Manager Commercial Strategy, The Coca-Cola Company, Atlanta, USA;
- Prof. Satinder K. Dhiman, Associate Dean, Woodbury University, CA, USA and
many more have groomed the UBS students in various aspects of management.
- Pratip Chaudhuri, Chairman, State Bank of India
- Arun Kaul, Chairman and Managing director, UCO Bank
- DP SINGH, Director, IBM Dubai, IBM Middle East
- Sudhir Kant Gupta,COO, Avesthagen Limited
- Varun Berry, former CEO, PepsiCo Foods now COO, Britannia Industries
Gandhi Bhavan built by Pierre Jeanneret for Punjab University
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University Business School – Chandigarh.|